Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Crystal1414
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 May 2021, 2:46 pm

A friend who ghosted me is back in my life. He said he was depressed and had a communication breakdown.

I forgave him. Now I feel weird. We are talking again. I dont know if I feel comfortable with that. He also has autism. He doesnt understand my mental illness though. He is clingy and doesnt give me space. I sometimes like that though. But not always.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2021, 3:11 pm

That's good, probably. Not the clingy/unable to understand when you need space aspect, but that you've got someone who can be supportive.

Given how ASD tends to impact how we understand how others minds work you guys both might need to be more clear and open than two random people to avoid unintentionally stepping on each other's toes (metaphorically speaking).

I think I know what you mean about sometimes liking it. I struggle to notice ambiguous or mild interest, but when people are clingy is really unambiguous and I like knowing they're interested. But I also need time alone and sometimes need a lot of it because I don't have the energy to reciprocate, or I'm too wound up to be around people, or whatever.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Crystal1414
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 May 2021, 7:17 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
That's good, probably. Not the clingy/unable to understand when you need space aspect, but that you've got someone who can be supportive.

Given how ASD tends to impact how we understand how others minds work you guys both might need to be more clear and open than two random people to avoid unintentionally stepping on each other's toes (metaphorically speaking).

I think I know what you mean about sometimes liking it. I struggle to notice ambiguous or mild interest, but when people are clingy is really unambiguous and I like knowing they're interested. But I also need time alone and sometimes need a lot of it because I don't have the energy to reciprocate, or I'm too wound up to be around people, or whatever.

Yeah. It feels good and bad. It's hard to be direct and open because he misreads it and gets mad. I told him I have a mental illness before. He didnt seem to care but now he blames my beliefs on it if we disagree.

Yeah. I like feeling like people care about me. I am afraid of abandonment sometimes. But some days I need to be alone and he doesnt understand that. He thinks he can cheer me up or make me be social.