Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

AngryJackal97
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 May 2021, 8:49 pm

aquafelix wrote:
AngryJackal97 wrote:
aquafelix wrote:
A warm welcome to Wrong Planet. Sounds like you've had quite the journey. I'm a super space nerd too and into astronomy

And a journey it has been! Thankfully I've seen more positives rather than negatives in my life these days, despite the global pandemic. Any favorite star constellations? I find Draco interesting.

I've never seen Draco as I live in the southern hemisphere. I find Crux and that area of the sky is very beautiful through a telescope. If you can see Draco from where you live then, I'm assuming you live in the Northern hemisphere and probably can't see Crux. Which is a pity as there are all kinds of goodies in the milky way that northerners can't see.

I live in the United States in Michigan. So yeah, definitely in the northern hemisphere. Crux is cool! You would be right about me not seeing that one. However my Uncle travels to Australia from time to time. I may travel with him one day just so I can see Crux.

aquafelix
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2021, 3:44 am

AngryJackal97 wrote:
aquafelix wrote:
AngryJackal97 wrote:
aquafelix wrote:
A warm welcome to Wrong Planet. Sounds like you've had quite the journey. I'm a super space nerd too and into astronomy

And a journey it has been! Thankfully I've seen more positives rather than negatives in my life these days, despite the global pandemic. Any favorite star constellations? I find Draco interesting.

I've never seen Draco as I live in the southern hemisphere. I find Crux and that area of the sky is very beautiful through a telescope. If you can see Draco from where you live then, I'm assuming you live in the Northern hemisphere and probably can't see Crux. Which is a pity as there are all kinds of goodies in the milky way that northerners can't see.

I live in the United States in Michigan. So yeah, definitely in the northern hemisphere. Crux is cool! You would be right about me not seeing that one. However my Uncle travels to Australia from time to time. I may travel with him one day just so I can see Crux.

If you love astronomy, you will the southern sky.

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 8:58 pm

Hello and Welcome aboard U.S.S. Wrong Planet, yes being comical; however, welcome to the site and the entire community

Last bumped by AngryJackal97 on 05 Jun 2021, 8:58 pm.