Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2021, 3:20 am

- Lady met her on tinder
- We texted for very few times
- We did a video call.
- She looks and sounds so normal and cheerful, didn’t sense anything creep abt her. She is cute actually.

Today she is asking me if I can meet her on sat; I asked where, she gave me the name of... an hotel!

I was like, oh, what’s the plan? :lol:
She said her sister and her bf (sis’s bf) will spend time there too, and they don’t want her alone.
I asked what time, she said Sat night.

I didn’t give a yes nor no yet, but besides the fact she doesn’t sound much concerned of covid, isn’t that f*****g weird??! a first date in a hotel??

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2021, 8:17 am

It would have been better if the first date was in a restaurant.

I probably wouldn't go at this point; maybe when I was in my 20s, I might have taken the chance.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2021, 8:46 am

Many hotels have restaurants, so it could be a simple meet-and-greet.

Many con artists like to isolate their victims in hotel rooms, so it could be a scam.

If you go, stay in the public spaces, and try to have a friend or two of your own just "hanging around" anonymously.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2021, 9:02 am

Right. Of course many hotels have restaurants----but the woman specified "hotel," rather than "restaurant within the hotel," so, like Fnord said, I'd be leery.

Usually, people name the restaurant when they propose to meet someone, not the hotel. Like, instead of "Biltmore Hotel," they might say, "let's meet in the Biltmore Steakhouse."

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2021, 9:07 am

Kortie, did you know that people do not often behave the way you assume they should?  Did you also know that to access many hotel restaurants, you must first pass through the hotel lobby?  Did you know that a hotel restaurant is part of the hotel?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2021, 9:08 am

^^ actually when I asked her what's the plan she literally said "swimming, eating, chilling.... then we don't know what may happen hahaha" .

:lol: :|

and at night, lol.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2021, 9:10 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^^ actually when I asked her what's the plan she literally said "swimming, eating, chilling.... then we don't know what may happen hahaha".

:lol: :|

and at night, lol.
I smell a scam.  Be careful.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2021, 9:12 am

No kidding, Captain Obvious!

Obviously, one must pass through a lobby of a hotel before getting to a hotel restaurant. But people still often name the restaurant, rather than the name of the hotel, in my experience.

Sounds like they want to have a Hedonistic Time, Boo. Sounds like something that would be fun were I younger....but I probably wouldn't do it now.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2021, 9:22 am

I am still not vaccinated either.

The logical course of action is to decline that, if it's scam then there's no way to know, once I am inside I would be on my own.

bottleblank
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 May 2021, 9:24 am

This may not be the case in all countries (or in this specific case), but it probably bears pointing out anyway for anybody reading this thread: some pubs are called hotels, and some people will refer to them by that name even if they mean visiting for the bar (or restaurant, as people have mentioned in other posts). People who go to them may never have even seen the accommodation part of the place and would just use it as they would any other pub.

For example, in the British sitcom "Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps", one of the pubs the characters go to is the Archer Hotel, which would tend to be shortened in conversation to "The Archer", but its full name contains the word "Hotel". Obviously this is a fictional example, it's the only one I could think to reference off the top of my head with no specific regional attachment, but this does happen in the UK in real life. I believe it's also common in Australia.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2021, 9:26 am

Hotel means hotel here.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2021, 9:50 am

Yep. This happens in India, too, I've noticed.

It doesn't happen in the US at all---where some entity is called a hotel even though there's no sleeping accommodations.