UC Scientists Discover Drug That Won't Cause Hallucinations

Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2021, 10:20 pm

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/uc-davis-aaz-a-154-psychadelic-like-no-hallucinations/

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2021, 10:36 pm

Maybe you hallucinate that you think you are having no halliucinations. Otherwise why would it be called a psychadelic?
Kind of like blissful ignorance,

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2021, 11:03 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Maybe you hallucinate that you think you are having no halliucinations. Otherwise why would it be called a psychadelic?

Well cannabis is supposed to be somewhat psychedelic, and doesn't cause hallucinations, so seems possible.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2021, 11:04 pm

Where's the fun in that?

Oscar Meyer Lansky

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2021, 11:11 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Where's the fun in that?

Beat me to it. :lol:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2021, 1:01 am

Both LSD and Psilocybin (the two classical psychedelic drugs) have shown substantial promise in treating depression and substance abuse with basically no adverse side effects.

Obviously, finding a way to remove the hallucinating effect from such psychedelics would make it easier to administer these therapeutically... not everyone wants to run around thinking their nose is a kangaroo and the moon is a dog.

Last edited by GGPViper on 14 May 2021, 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2021, 1:15 am

GGPViper wrote:
Both LSD and Psilocybin (the two classical psychedelic drugs) have shown substantial promise in treating depression and substance abuse with basically no side adverse effects.

Obviously, finding a way to remove the hallucinating effect from such psychedelics would make it easier to administer these therapeutically... not everyone wants to run around thinking their nose is a kangaroo and the moon is a dog.

That is what I was thinking, this is a great way to make the therapeutic potential accessible to more people. That said I have tripped and never mistook my nose for a kangaroo, but one time on mushrooms I had to use a gas station bathroom and the wall bricks looked like they fell out into space and I was looking at the universe, i thought it was like 2 minutes but everyone outside thought I'd been in there 15-20 minutes(I was probably staring at the crazy space wall for that entire time). They were all tripping to though so no one was mad they just were getting worried cause I hadn't come out for so long.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2021, 1:16 am

GGPViper wrote:

The trick with LSD is giving small micro-doses administered using patches which provide a slow release that maintains a minimum concentration of LSD in the bloodstream to induce neural connections but not enough to induce hallucination.

Unfortunately when you take the psychedelic out of a psychedelic then it's no longer able to stimulate brain activity in the right regions.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2021, 1:17 am

GGPViper wrote:
not everyone wants to run around thinking their nose is a kangaroo and the moon is a dog.

What drug does that? :chin:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2021, 1:19 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Well cannabis is supposed to be somewhat psychedelic, and doesn't cause hallucinations, so seems possible.

I find the literature mixed on this point. Cannabis is actually classified as a hallucinogenic substance but like yourself theres plenty of people who claim no hallucinations.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2021, 1:19 am

funeralxempire wrote:
GGPViper wrote:
not everyone wants to run around thinking their nose is a kangaroo and the moon is a dog.

Mushies

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2021, 1:26 am

cyberdad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
GGPViper wrote:

Mushies

You name it I've done it, I've never experienced that effect. 8)

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2021, 1:37 am

I think it's a projected view of how psychadelics work. Like comedian Dave Chapelle swallowing pills and hallucinating his barber was a giant penis.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2021, 1:42 am

cyberdad wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

I find the literature mixed on this point. Cannabis is actually classified as a hallucinogenic substance but like yourself theres plenty of people who claim no hallucinations.

Well certainly not compared to acid or shrooms. I guess I have noticed sometimes smoking weed makes time seem a little slower but nothing like creating colors that don't exist when you aren't tripping or breathing looking walls.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2021, 1:44 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Well certainly not compared to acid or shrooms. I guess I have noticed sometimes smoking weed makes time seem a little slower but nothing like creating colors that don't exist when you aren't tripping or breathing looking walls.

I think you'd have to consume quite a dose in order to experience significant hallucinogenic effects, but at the same time I've heard people who were naive (not regular users) describe trips from substantial amounts of weed or from stronger sources of THC.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2021, 1:54 am

Since you are both boffins on this topic, is there a difference in the THC concentration of hydroponically grown Vs soil grown cannabis? I had a friend back in uni who swore "hydros" (as he called them) made you trip.