Facebook banned me for supporting Palestinian lives

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

salad
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2021, 10:55 pm

I made a Facebook post, and I kid you not my caption was literally verbatim: "You won't see this on CNN and Fox News" followed by a video of a Palestinian boy crying for how the world doesn't give a damn about their lives. How does Facebook show its love for Palestinian lives and show that our lives matter and that the boy has nothing to cry about? By banning my post under supposedly violating guidelines by posting hate. I. Kid. You. Not. I'm banned for 24 hours for preaching "hate". I said not one word against Jews, heck I didnt even say a word against Israel (not saying that its wrong to condemn Israel but this post I didnt even mention Israel in my post). My caption was no more, no less: "You won't see this on CNN and Fox News". The video didnt contain any mention of violence, incitement to violence, heck not even anything political. It was a tearful video of a boy crying that Palestinian lives dont matter.

Apparently Palestinian lives are so worthless and unnecessary even posting about it constitutes hate. Yep, affirming the value and dignity of our lives is now an existential threat, Facebook is such a joke and I hope it goes bankrupt

This makes me so mad. Palestinians can get shot at, killed, kneed on (fun fact to those who dont know: some American police officers actually receive training from the IDF and the knee tactic Chauvin used against Floyd is a known Israeli IDF tactic regularly used against Palestinian civilians) and even humiliated on a daily basis, but even nonviolently affirming our humanity and dignity is now considered hate. I literally got called Anti-Semitic on this forum, this forum here WP, both recently and many times years ago, for speaking out against how Palestinians get treated by Israeli. Mind you Palestinians are Semites and direct descendants of the Canaanites and thus we are some of the oldest Semites in the world, but somehow just existing and affirming our right to exist makes us Anti-Semitic.

This is such a joke. Such a damn joke. 24 hour Facebook ban just for affirming Palestinian lives. I'm so sick of this. So sick of the world treating my people's existence as so unnecessary and so unwanted that its taken for granted that we can be erased and exterminated but God forbid one of us refuses to meekly comply with our subjugation and the world condemns us as terrorists and calls us Anti-Semitic.

I'm so sick of that word, Anti-Semite, like honestly its such a useless word I gladly wear the word Anti-semite as a medallion of honor. I'm a proud Anti-Semite at this point since the word has lost all meaning and now means anyone who tells Israel its not OK to violate basic human rights. A member on this very forum literally a month ago called me Anti-Semite and Hitleresque (both words used verbatim) just for stating that Israel violates Palestinian human rights. No joke and you can check it out for yourself on the PPR section of this forum under the thread about police brutality.

From now if someone says im anti-semitic or full of hate towards Jews or preach hate ill take it as a compliment, since those phrases are only used against Palestinians to tell us that we must accept suffering and deny our existence.

Master Oogway

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2021, 11:07 pm

Being an anti-Semite is more than not liking Israel. I can understand you not liking Israel....but I can’t understand why you would hate all Jews because of what Israel does to the Palestinians.

Not all Jews believe in what Israel is doing to the Palestinians.

salad
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2021, 11:11 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Being an anti-Semite is more than not liking Israel. I can understand you not liking Israel....but I can’t understand why you would hate all Jews because of what Israel does to the Palestinians.

Im not Anti-Semite, you're misunderstanding my thread. I'm using the word Anti-Semite ironically to mock how that word has been so bastardized as to be used as a bludgeon against all censure of Israel.

I would never hate all Jews, lets alone even most Jews. I wear the Anti-Semitic label as a medallion of honor and take it as a compliment in the sense that whenever in the 21st century someone gets called Anti-Semite the word isn't used properly but as a cheap ad hominem to shut down conversations critical of Israel treatment of Palestinians.

Palestinians are Semites so of course im not literally anti-semitic. Notice I capitalized Anti-Semite to refer to its modern bastardization rather than the normal and orthodox meaning that we can all agree on

Master Oogway

salad
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2021, 11:15 pm

Before anyone comments anything else let me clarify a misunderstanding. Of course I dont hate Jews. Not all. Not most. Not even 30%. However that doesnt mean I dont proudly wear the Anti-Semitic label because I dont get called Anti-Semitic for hating Jews, I get called that for affirming Palestinian lives. Notice how I capitalized the word Anti-Semite to refer to its politicization used as a bludgeon to smear criticism of Israel, rather than the general definition of the word which is hating Semites. I would never hate or harbor anger towards Jews because of what Israel is doing. Ive attended many protests for Palestine in which many Jews attended and many of the biggest allies for the Palestine cause are Jews, such as organizations like B'Tsalem, Jewish Voices for Peace, Neuterai Karta, Breaking the Silence, and many other Jewish organizations that have stalwartly been for Palestinian human rights more than even most Muslim organizations ever were.

Master Oogway

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2021, 11:17 pm

You might not wish this.....but I believe a two-state solution to be the best solution.

My mother and I had a discussion about the Mideast situation in general. She agrees the Palestinians got screwed....and she’s Jewish and pro-Israel.

salad
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2021, 11:19 pm

In case anyone is still confused let me provide an example. When Hillary Clinton went live and called Trump supporters a basket of deplorables many Trump supporters proudly wore the title "deplorable" as a way to mock Hillary ironically. No Trump supporter seriously likes being called deplorable or even thinks themselves deplorable; rather they refer to themselves as deplorable to mock its usage against them as a way to showcase its irony.

Master Oogway

salad
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2021, 11:22 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
You might not wish this.....but I believe a two-state solution to be the best solution.

My mother and I had a discussion about the Mideast situation in general. She agrees the Palestinians got screwed....and she’s Jewish and pro-Israel.

I also agree to a 2 state solution.......

I hate Israel and think that nation has committed so many crimes that no Muslim power or Middle Eastern nation would ever want to coexist with such a pariah state, however knowing that Israel is here to stay, knowing that it has no intention of leaving, and knowing that too many Jews live there and call it home for them to be expelled, its only viable and even fair to recognize Israel while holding Israel accountable for basic human rights standards. The issue is that Israel doesnt recognize Palestine. Members of their Knesset have gone on air saying Palestinians dont and never existed, many Israelis teach their kids in school that Palestine is a land without people for a people without land, that there never existed Palestinians, and that we are Arab invaders. For a 2 state solution to work involves more than asking the oppressed and aggrieved side to concede everything to the oppressor while the oppressor doesnt have to do anything.

Master Oogway

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2021, 11:23 pm

I know what you mean.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2021, 11:29 pm

My not exactly impartial opinion is that Facebook bans people mostly because Facebook CAN ban people.

As upsetting as it is, I wouldn't read a whole lot in to it.

And speaking of reading things and FB bans, this isn't the same as your situation but even so it might shed some light on the general imperfection of Farcebook's ban system,
https://fortune.com/2020/11/28/facebook ... iness-ads/

Note one FB absurdity here,

Quote:
Advertisers have been particularly hurt by these automated decisions in recent months. “It just exploded. They turned up the AI recently -- somebody changed something -- and all of the sudden everybody was getting shut down,” said Justin Brooke, founder of Adskills.com, which teaches businesses how to market on Facebook. “What are these small businesses going to do? They’ve got families to feed.”

One of Brooke’s own Facebook ads has a small written disclaimer saying it wasn’t open to those trying to sell adult content. That got flagged and taken down. Facebook’s automated explanation? The post didn’t follow the company’s community standards on “nudity/sexual activity.”

The over-reaction by Facebook’s AI is a side effect of the company taking more responsibility for the content on its platform, according to Guy Rosen, Facebook’s vice president of integrity. “As we take more action, we remove more content, there’s more opportunities also for those to be in error,” he said during a recent press call.

Note: Between 2015 and 2017 FB locked me out of 3 different accounts, twice for reasons which were demonstrably false and once for a reason which couldn't be tested because they wouldn't give a reason.

Note 2: I say Farcebook because FB made a farce out of the privacy settings for some incurable illness support groups I was very active in from 2009 to 2015.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2021, 12:32 am

I mean I don't even get on my facebook anymore, lol last time I did a couple months ago it was just for a few minutes so I could post what I think of Tucker Carlson, or Tuckkker Carlson as I called him in that post idk maybe that got banned to. But other then that have not really spent any time on facebook.

But pretty sure I got posts banned before in regards to talking about Israel being wrong in what they are doing towards palestines, so I don't think that is anything new.

salad
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2021, 1:14 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
I mean I don't even get on my facebook anymore, lol last time I did a couple months ago it was just for a few minutes so I could post what I think of Tucker Carlson, or Tuckkker Carlson as I called him in that post idk maybe that got banned to. But other then that have not really spent any time on facebook.

But pretty sure I got posts banned before in regards to talking about Israel being wrong in what they are doing towards palestines, so I don't think that is anything new.

Man that just sucks

FB is a terrible social media platform.

Master Oogway

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2021, 1:16 am

I feel like not using Facebook has always been a good decision.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2021, 1:21 am

Probably millions of other people posted the same video with hateful remarks and it trigged an avalanche of hateful discussions. Facebook AI was overwhelmed with reports and gone berserk wiping out posts containing this video in any context.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2021, 1:54 am

badRobot wrote:
Probably millions of other people posted the same video with hateful remarks and it trigged an avalanche of hateful discussions. Facebook AI was overwhelmed with reports and gone berserk wiping out posts containing this video in any context.

Ya know, that's likely exactly what happened.
Sort of, "one banhammer suits all situations."

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2021, 6:39 am

Not meaning to minimize your distress, salad; but maybe posts on this theme should go in PPR (Politics, Philosophy and Religion) rather than the Haven. Because it feels like the issue is getting too heated for this forum.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2021, 8:48 am

salad wrote:
Facebook banned me for supporting Palestinian lives.
Mark Elliot Zuckerberg was born into, and raised in a Reform Jewish household.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.