Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2021, 9:30 pm

Once you get a copy of your birth certificate, and assuming you already have a driver's license, you can get your Social Security number online (and a replacement card). Even if you don't have those, go to the Social Security website ssa.gov to learn about services. Find a place to hide your identity papers so your mom doesn't confiscate them.

Let us know how things are progressing. You've had some great advice here, and we're rooting for you.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2021, 11:41 pm

BeaArthur wrote:
Once you get a copy of your birth certificate, and assuming you already have a driver's license, you can get your Social Security number online (and a replacement card). Even if you don't have those, go to the Social Security website ssa.gov to learn about services. Find a place to hide your identity papers so your mom doesn't confiscate them.

Let us know how things are progressing. You've had some great advice here, and we're rooting for you.

Thank you for the help! I will definitely make sure that I hide the papers. I'm going to have to figure out a place she wouldn't look.