Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2021, 8:32 pm

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/gavin-newsom-unveils-dollar268-billion-california-budget-fueled-by-surplus-stimulus/ar-BB1gK4in?fbclid=IwAR0uNkF14mya4bzFrrEYwKdXJH3_tTsyPfgbOdzWCbwB1lQp-I2u4_SzfdE

If a good middle-class-friendly housing program can be implemented with this surplus, that would be the icing on the cake.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2021, 4:09 am

Anything done with the surplus needs, in my opinion, needs to be a single shot. Creating programs that will want additional future funding will put the state back where it used to be. Use the money to support businesses and families struggling from the pandemic shut downs, to work on school infrastructure that has been neglected, homeless housing infrastructure, to rebuild the rainy day fund, etc. It wasn't all that long ago I was in a room trying to figure out what essentials to cut at our elementary school since the state was facing a giant short fall. We need to be conservative with the spending. NO NEW LONG TERM COMMITMENTS.