Why doesn't the sleep timer close the apps any more?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2021, 5:53 am

Often I fall asleep with an audiobook on YouTube and I use sleep timer to turn the video off at a certain time. But ever since a recent update the sleep timer no longer closes YouTube, it just stops the video but not the app. So it takes a lot of battery power because of the YouTube app running all night, but I don't like to leave my phone on charge overnight in case it decides to overheat and catch on fire.
I've tried changing the settings but the close app option isn't there, just an option to turn the screen off right away (but it still doesn't close the app). I've uninstalled and reinstalled sleep timer but no difference. I've tried other sleep timer apps too but they were just the same when I tested it.

Anyone else noticed this and do you have any idea why sleep timer doesn't close apps any more like it used to?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2021, 2:34 am

Anyone? I can't find any answers on Google, as usual.

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2021, 10:50 am

Is your phone iPhone or Android?

I always leave my phone charging overnight - it has never caught on fire.
Same for my wife's phone and my daughters.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2021, 3:44 pm

Fenn wrote:
Is your phone iPhone or Android?

I always leave my phone charging overnight - it has never caught on fire.
Same for my wife's phone and my daughters.

I don't know to be honest, I think it's an iPhone.
I just often hear that one of the most common causes of fires in the home is from cell phones being left on charge unattended for too long.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2021, 3:47 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I just often hear that one of the most common causes of fires in the home is from cell phones being left on charge unattended for too long.

My understanding (for what it's worth) is that it's usually the result of letting them charge while sitting on a blanket or something else that keeps the heat from being carried away.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う