Man arrested in wife's murder now accused of voting in her n

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2021, 9:55 pm

Man arrested in wife's murder now accused of voting for Trump in her name

Quote:
A Colorado man arrested this month for allegedly murdering his missing wife has also been accused of voting for former President Donald Trump in her name.

Barry Morphew, 53, was charged with felony forgery and offenses relating to mail ballots, a misdemeanor, according to court records filed Thursday.

He was previously arrested on May 5 on charges of first-degree murder after deliberation, tampering with physical evidence and an attempt to influence a public servant, according to court documents, in connection with the disappearance of his wife, Suzanne Morphew, over a year ago.

Suzanne Morphew, 49, who shared two daughters with her husband, disappeared on May 10, 2020, near the small mountain town of Salida, in Chaffee County. She has yet to be found.

So when the Chaffee County Clerk's Office received a voter ballot in the mail for the missing person in October, the county clerk reported the alleged voter fraud to authorities, according to an arrest warrant affidavit.

The ballot did not have the required signature, but was allegedly signed by Barry Morphew on the witness' signature line on Oct. 15, according to the affidavit.

The Chaffee County sheriff seized the ballot and its envelope as evidence, and Barry Morphew's own ballot and envelope were seized in March as well during a monthslong investigation, according to the affidavit.

During an interview with FBI agents in April, Barry Morphew allegedly confessed to submitting his wife's ballot, according to the affidavit.

"Just because I wanted Trump to win," he allegedly said, per a transcript of the conversation included in the affidavit. "I just thought, give him another vote."

"I figured all these other guys are cheating," he allegedly said, adding that his wife "was going to vote for Trump anyway," according to the affidavit.

He allegedly told the FBI agents he didn't realize it was illegal to submit someone else's voter ballot. "I didn't know you couldn't do that for your spouse," he allegedly said, according to the affidavit.

Barry Morphew is being held in the Chaffee County Detention Facility without bond in the murder case. He is next scheduled to appear in court on May 27. His attorneys are state public defenders, who do not comment on criminal cases.

No other arrests are expected in connection with the disappearance of Suzanne Morphew, authorities said. The arrest affidavit for the murder charge is sealed, and prosecutors have not revealed a suspected cause of death.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2021, 9:15 am

Well...they should cut the guy some slack.

He is a grieving widower who is just trying to honor his departed wife's wishes.

The fact that he is... a SELF MADE widower is...just nit picking! :lol:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2021, 9:50 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Well...they should cut the guy some slack.

He is a grieving widower who is just trying to honor his departed wife's wishes.

The fact that he is... a SELF MADE widower is...just nit picking! :lol:

Like the kid who murdered his parents begging the judge for mercy because now he's an orphan. :lol:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2021, 6:23 pm

LOL - you guys ...

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2021, 9:19 pm

So Trump was right, and there was voter fraud on mail-in ballots.

Be the hero of your life.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2021, 10:24 pm

Trump certainly attracts the best and brightest :roll:

TwisterUprocker
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 May 2021, 11:52 pm

It's like giving a murderer a littering charge for forgetting to pick the bloody baseball bat of the ground.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2021, 12:46 am

TheRobotLives wrote:
So Trump was right, and there was voter fraud on mail-in ballots.

For some reason it mostly turns up among his supporters. Because you know, the other guys are doing it so we better too.

If they stopped most voter fraud would probably stop.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2021, 7:03 am

Wait a minute...
I thought Voter Fraud was impossible!

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2021, 7:18 am

Is this a case of the dead voting Democrat and the brain dead voting Republican???

Just asking. :jester:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2021, 9:02 am

maycontainthunder wrote:
Is this a case of the dead voting Democrat and the brain dead voting Republican???

Just asking. :jester:

No, the dead voted Republican, so did the braindead.

But hey, it's proof there's voter fraud.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う