Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

sitko
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 May 2021, 10:13 am

Hi,
I've posted here a couple times about this project. I've solved a lot of the issues I had before, and have decided again to try to reach to the autistic community to see if anyone wants to help with this project.

I've realized that I "solve problems" best when explaining my problem/project to people. I find that presenting it to other really helps be hammer home all the big problems.

I'm looking for
- Developers (.net stack, SQL server, JavaScript, especially Unity3D help.)
- Technical types who can help me set up the initial website (find a good host, and figure out the workings of the process)
- lawyers who could help me "legalize" my Terms and Services that I'm working on
- general autistic people who have particular communication issues, that they think this app could help with, to act as a sounding board.
- Autistics who have issues with standard Social media applications like (Facebook, Redd-it, and other).

I want everyone involved at this stage to be Autistic, as I really want to identify the communication issues we could help with.

Basically here is how my app will help me:
1. It will act as a buffer between me and new people I meet. I read people wrongly and make wrong assumptions about what they are interested in. For instance, lets say I want to talk about Board Games, I might bring this subject up with someone who has ZERO interest in that topic, so they get frustrated with me. If my app works the way I think it will, it will help with this issue. When I meet people, and give them access to my website, they can go into the website and enter their issues, and then the next time we talk, I can only talk about items that they are interested in.
2. I've alienated people by miss reading what they are trying to communicate. My app will allow users to put "last messages" to other friends on the app, this way, if for whatever reason, communication fails between the two of you, my app will trigger auto messages to certain friends you identify to remind them that you still exist.
3. If you have issues with small talk, the app will remind you when you should send "small talk" messages to NT types, if you want that assistant.
4. Eventually, I'd like to create "terminator-type" text that could pop up when you get close to someone who you have info about (or who provided, the said info through the app), A message would pop up on your phone and say: There are three other people at this party who are in the app, and available to meet new people, and it could act as an awkward intro system.

I don't want to go into great detail on this site, but if you join this Discord Server (which I'm still adding info to, so it's a work in progress), it will be a great way for us to get to know each other and what kind of solutions might help our common/uncommon issues...think of it like a autistic focus group, and if people are serious and have skills that can help the team, I'll invite them to join the team, which will be on a second Discord server, until I can get the website spun up.

Thanks,
Sitko42

sitko
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 May 2021, 8:08 pm

is it possible to edit these (original) posts after you've sent them?

There is an error: "issues" should be "interests". People I meet would put their interests into the app.

I'm working on a way to handle people that aren't interested in sharing their most inimate thoughts about me to a computer program...probably no way this will work.

sitko
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 May 2021, 12:20 pm

Some ideas I've had:

My website will just be a text box and a submit button. There will be icons that the user can highlight to see their function, if clicked, it will bring up that functionality. One icon is "?", which brings up this text: "Hi, if you're here you've heard about this website either from Brad, or from someone else. The way I think I'd like to introduce myself to you by having you input whatever you like in that text box and submitting it. Some Examples: "Friendship", might add you to a list of people who are interested in a friendship with me. "Lover", might add you to a list of people who are interested in potentially having a relationship with me. "Neighbor", will add you to a list of people who are neighbors and wish to have a neighborly relationship, etc.".

I could carry business cards with my website address and a 'pass-phrase' that leads them down a certain path. I could give a card with a pass phrase I'd give to attractive women who I'm interested in dating, it's pass phrase would lead them down that path, or favor it at least. Everything will be transparent. Especially, in these early days. I'll explain what I'm asking for, and everything will be optional for all users at all times. If I'm looking for "Testers" or "Sounding Boards" for ideas, I'll post ads in my app that will go to people interested in certain "keywords" that we identify.

If a website visitor inputs an interest that is a pre-defined key-word. It will lead them to the appropriate group, invite them to join the group, if appropriate, and then anytime I published a "thought of the day" that applied to that keyword, it would be transmitted as an optional read-if-they-want-to message. The website could have an internal message system, where people could message me inside the website. Initially, I'd store ALL their own data on their OWN phone/computer as a cookie (a small data packet that ONLY applies to people visiting my website, that I store on their computer. They could read the cookie anytime they liked, and could even update the info stored in it, if they wished.

This way, THEY would completely control their data. And if they didn't want me to see something stored in the cookie, they can choose to have the website delete it. Eventually, we hope they will sign up as a "user" on my website, as these will be the early Users of the APP, if they agree to be involved in an change to change basis (as the website improves, they'll have to decide if they want to share more data, or not. Everything will be transparent. Anytime I want to use their data, I will be 'paying' them special App Points, which (when this App get's capitalized could either be worth money, stocks or internal-points[if the app has value, then the points might too]) hopefully will have value someday, if not today...

sitko
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 May 2021, 12:23 pm

Realize that once I get this website working I plan to give it to the Autistic Community, so they can take advantage of it's special "abilities" it gives us, autistic people. I have some major communication issues, and I think this could help me...maybe it could help you too? So, if you have an idea for a way that a website COULD help you communicate with people, keep watching this discussion, and add your thoughts/comments/questions when you like...I like getting feedback, and bouncing ideas off of other people... thanks.

sitko
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 May 2021, 12:42 pm

I hope it's ok to spam out some thoughts...I'm feeling creative today...

Ok so my next idea, is to create a survey process on the website that I could send to interested users. They might be surveys about Me, surveys about my neighborhood, surveys about my Special Interests, etc. These would ONLY go to people who have Said they are 'interested' in certain key-words. So, if someone wasn't interested in hearing about this or that subject, they can either check those boxes, or type in those interest 'key-words' that tell me they are interseted in this or that.

This way, I don't feel make the mistake of boring people with my special interests who aren't interested in hearing about them. And people can wait and read these 'thoughts' or 'articles' at their leisure. So, if I'm very excited about something, I'll be able to broadcast that to all the people in my life who are also interested in this topic.

And, didn't Mark Twain say, it's better to stay mute and appear foolish, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt? (Louis CK has a hilarious bit about Mark Twain)

sitko
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 May 2021, 10:58 pm

A new idea I heard on Reddit today: For a dating website: When people ghost people after they do it three times, add a "Ghost" icon to their profile to warn others that they ghost.