Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2021, 8:10 pm

Long story short my neighbor got on my last nerve today... it's not nice to ask someone where their going and I said the store then she calls you at the store and asks for a certain brand of chocolate chips (why should I buy this anyway?) Anyway found chocolate chips but not specific brand and she greets me with "that won't do" and rejected them... then she gets mad because I wouldn't stay to help her with something...

Anyway how do you meet nice people to hang out with IRL??? I mean if I knew my neighbor acted like this and also would spout racist and homophobic things I wouldn't have bothered......

Sigh now I have chocolate chips...

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2021, 8:55 pm

Enjoy the cookies!

“That won’t do”? What is she....the Queen?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2021, 9:03 pm

You bought chocolate chips for someone who's ungrateful, and chirps racist and homophobic comments?

I'd be happier with no friends at all.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2021, 12:22 am

I think one very useful thing is a common purpose. I also think when there's a problem between two people, it's good to try and talk it through, to complain and get them to understand that they did something you were annoyed about.

idntonkw
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 May 2021, 1:42 am

Angnix wrote:
Long story short my neighbor got on my last nerve today... it's not nice to ask someone where their going and I said the store then she calls you at the store and asks for a certain brand of chocolate chips (why should I buy this anyway?) Anyway found chocolate chips but not specific brand and she greets me with "that won't do" and rejected them... then she gets mad because I wouldn't stay to help her with something...

Anyway how do you meet nice people to hang out with IRL??? I mean if I knew my neighbor acted like this and also would spout racist and homophobic things I wouldn't have bothered......

Sigh now I have chocolate chips...

if she older than you, she may be trying to teach you through criticism and befriend you over an activity of baking cookies or something

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2021, 2:04 am

Umm... trial and error? Mrs. Chocolate Chip sounds like an error, so I wouldn't put too much effort in to that one... one's just gotta meet new people until they find decent ones that they also "click" with, I suppose. :?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2021, 6:39 am

The other woman is obviously trying to use Angnix.

The other woman doesn’t seem to have any honorable motive.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2021, 9:43 am

A few threads ago, I pointed out that you train people how to interact with you. You've been way too nice and too giving to this woman. Learn to say no (and not feel guilty about it).

As to finding quality friends? Get that job at Cornell. I bet you'll encounter a whole new category of people. (Brainy and going somewhere with their lives - which obviously doesn't describe your neighbor.)

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2021, 9:58 am

BeaArthur wrote:
A few threads ago, I pointed out that you train people how to interact with you. You've been way too nice and too giving to this woman. Learn to say no (and not feel guilty about it).

As to finding quality friends? Get that job at Cornell. I bet you'll encounter a whole new category of people. (Brainy and going somewhere with their lives - which obviously doesn't describe your neighbor.)

The guy at Cornell surprised me with free lifetime access to their courses, because he said if I get hired I need to be familiar with them... Theyre college-level online courses worth hundreds of dollars and some have optional Cornell credit! I'm so excited just for the courses because I could learn so much and get a certificate for it! He also updated me saying their making their decision this week, ending his email with a smiley face emoji, :D good sign? Lol

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2021, 11:06 am

Good luck! I feel very optimistic for you.

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2021, 11:33 am

eat the chocolate chips amd enjoy

Jiheisho
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2021, 11:58 am

I have rarely found neighbors the ideal friend. That is a rather random selection process.

Most friends I meet are through work where I can interact with them for a while. But to be honest, I don't have too many friends.

I think the best way to meet people is through a common activity or interest. But even then, it is just the activity or interest, rather than a strong bond.

Disclaimer: I have ASD and am not really a great authority on this subject...