Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2021, 1:53 am

I have naturally curly hair and can’t stand it. I’ve had other women recommend the curly girl method to me which would make it even more curly.

I have a history of not liking hair products. They can get expensive and I hate the way products feel on my head. I just don’t have the patience. My hair doesn’t match up with my personality.

Sorry to vent. I just wish I could explain this to NT women.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Peta
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 May 2021, 3:51 am

Curly Hair is Pretty

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

16 May 2021, 5:17 am

Hair tend to straighten when dried with hot air hair drier while simultanously brushing.
That's what my husband does after every washing - in his case, it's rather a by-product of hating to have wet hair for any longer than absolutely necessary but it makes his naturally wavy hair straight. It would probably make naturally curly hair wavy.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

cbd
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 May 2021, 7:44 am

Dry Shampoo

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2021, 5:30 pm

How curly?

I'd say I'm about a 2B. However, it's also fairly thick, so if I skip a day of brushing it then it matts easily.

That's why I prefer to keep it on the shorter / medium side (less to brush through) - sitting on my shoulders. I used to use oils, but these days I don't need them. I let it grow out to my chest but I dislike it any longer.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2021, 2:21 pm

Lost_dragon wrote:
How curly?

I'd say I'm about a 2B. However, it's also fairly thick, so if I skip a day of brushing it then it matts easily.

That's why I prefer to keep it on the shorter / medium side (less to brush through) - sitting on my shoulders. I used to use oils, but these days I don't need them. I let it grow out to my chest but I dislike it any longer.

I’m not sure. My brother said I look like Weird Al because of my hair so I had to get bangs to feel more feminine.

Regardless, if my hair was any curlier it would be near impossible to care for.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2021, 2:30 pm

I'm a 1. I can only be a 2A if I've braided it first for many hours.

My daughter is a 3C. Sometimes a 4A in humidity.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2021, 2:23 pm

^My natural hair.

I’m trying to accept it. Curly hair reminds me of a book I like (Jane Eyre) so maybe I’ll remember that.....except no one cuts my hair other than a hairdresser.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2021, 11:24 pm

You can cut it short or try natural hair care products. I used to make a hair gel by boiling flax seeds in water; it was light and not too sticky. But you might want something heavier to weigh down your curls. Just search online for natural hair gel, natural curly hair treatment, or whatever you are looking for.

Alterity
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2021, 10:15 pm

So I have a bit of a mix of type 2 and 3. Which it looks like depends what I've done to it lol Typically only the shorter finer hair that get like type 3B and 3C; which course are often around my face where I usually part my hair. That annoys me so much, not because they are curly but because they are really unruly.

At the moment my hair is looking like type 2 A& B with the shorter ones sporting more C and a few 3A. But depending on product, shampoo, and conditioner my hair may air dry into type 3 ringlets. Or somewhere between that and what I have now....Oh and what I brush my hair with also will change what it's doing too O_O

anyway...i can understand hair frustrations lol

I don't mind the curls though, it's the frizz. Using some kind of product is necessary for me to have some kind of control or just to never use a brush on it (combs do better but don't help any unruliness), or it takes on the effect of looking like I might have touched an electric fence.

ANYWAY, if you don't like product maybe you could start my trying some different shampoos and conditioners? Because different ones certainly can change how my hair dries.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 10:24 am

starkid wrote:
You can cut it short or try natural hair care products. I used to make a hair gel by boiling flax seeds in water; it was light and not too sticky. But you might want something heavier to weigh down your curls. Just search online for natural hair gel, natural curly hair treatment, or whatever you are looking for.

I actually decided to cut my hair above my shoulders recently. I had short hair in high school and loved how bouncy and thick it looked. My hair is super heavy the length it’s at but I still want to look feminine and chic. So just above my shoulders is cute but easier to care for.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 11:13 pm

As a child, I'm a 3B...

Until I was around 8, when my hair is long enough, it just went gradually to 2B. It's still naturally 2B to this day.

Once in around every 2 or so years, my hair gets straighten and relaxed to a straight 1 because everyone else thinks it's fun and less creepy. :twisted:

Seriously, usually someone else pays for me to have it.
I won't object because why the heck not? :lol:

It would mean I wouldn't comb my hair hard or tangle very much.
Or that my hair would be less heavier. Or if it's sticky or too hot I wouldn't have to tie it into a bun.
Or that leaving it untied with the wind, along with how I move, it'll end up all over the place and potentially scare people at night. :lol:

Maintenance requires hair conditioning.
And avoid getting it too wet unless washed with hair conditioning as soon as possible.

The treatment itself can lasts for few hours. Effects lasts for several months.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 12:51 am

Edna3362 wrote:
Or that my hair would be less heavier. Or if it's sticky or too hot I wouldn't have to tie it into a bun.
Or that leaving it untied with the wind, along with how I move, it'll end up all over the place and potentially scare people at night. :lol:

And avoid getting it too wet unless washed with hair conditioning as soon as possible.

It's a lot less work to just cut your hair very short.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 7:22 am

starkid wrote:
Edna3362 wrote:

It's a lot less work to just cut your hair very short.

Never the point in my case.

My hair's the closest thing I got for a stimming/comfort item and I would prefer it long.
The treatment only made having a longer hair more comfortable and manageable.

Cutting it short is generally a huge no-no.

Unless someone dared me to, or that I truly have to, or out of nowhere because why not? :lol:

But never out of (my) everyday convenience.
I think it's best that advice goes and remains for the OP. :lol:

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 7:45 am

I bought a Babyliss Big Hair last week and it’s amazing! It gives a Salon finish every time because it gently rotates and gets body into the hair. My hair is basically this …

If your hair’s naturally curly, this gives a sleek, smooth look in next to no time. Love it! It only takes 10mins in the morning to style. I use a curling mousse after washing, briefly blowdry, then use the rotating, gently heated brush, curling “under” to create body and smooth finish.