Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 May 2021, 7:45 am

.. no 8)

cbd
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 May 2021, 7:46 am

..as a woman , you will find it alot easier than most men .. even simply just to interact

Gentleman Argentum
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2021, 2:23 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
Are there any good dating sites?

I consider myself experienced after being active on dating sites since January of this year. So far, I have been on two actual dates, and been invited to two more, in which one woman canceled on the morning-of and then ghosted me, and the other woman actually stood me up altogether, left me waiting in a restaurant by myself for no apparent reason.

To Fnord, who says "Yes means Yes"... In my experience, Yes means maybe-kinda-sorta-I dunno-maybe not. :lol:

I know three sites well:

POF - not a bad interface, not much room for detailed profiles though. Mainly it is just based upon physical attraction. I recommend it as ok, maybe as a woman you do better. I got nothing but the canceller out of it and ghosting.

OKCupid - Lots of fetishists and trans on here, I noticed. Also a lot of foreigners aiming for a green card. Also, there's a trap here, the questionnaire. Once you answer a question, you can't delete the question, it haunts you forever. That's problematic if you start getting nervous about all the sexual questions. I deleted my profile because I wasn't getting anything out of the site, and it was possible a coworker could view all that... I did get one date here. I dumped her because she was an alcoholic. The women: men ratio is at least 1:5, maybe even 1:10.

eHarmony - this is my favorite site, because it gives a lot of control over the profile, and the messaging system is a lot more conducive to long, elaborate messages. Also they support video-chat for premium users. I actually got a date out of this. It went well too.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2021, 6:18 pm

There's another one called Badoo which is okish I guess.
I think I've tried quite a few other different ones in the past, just not for me.

One bad experience is bad enough for me.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2021, 7:16 pm

Gentleman Argentum wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:
Are there any good dating sites?

I consider myself experienced after being active on dating sites since January of this year. So far, I have been on two actual dates, and been invited to two more, in which one woman canceled on the morning-of and then ghosted me, and the other woman actually stood me up altogether, left me waiting in a restaurant by myself for no apparent reason.

To Fnord, who says "Yes means Yes"... In my experience, Yes means maybe-kinda-sorta-I dunno-maybe not. :lol:

I know three sites well:

POF - not a bad interface, not much room for detailed profiles though. Mainly it is just based upon physical attraction. I recommend it as ok, maybe as a woman you do better. I got nothing but the canceller out of it and ghosting.

OKCupid - Lots of fetishists and trans on here, I noticed. Also a lot of foreigners aiming for a green card. Also, there's a trap here, the questionnaire. Once you answer a question, you can't delete the question, it haunts you forever. That's problematic if you start getting nervous about all the sexual questions. I deleted my profile because I wasn't getting anything out of the site, and it was possible a coworker could view all that... I did get one date here. I dumped her because she was an alcoholic. The women: men ratio is at least 1:5, maybe even 1:10.

eHarmony - this is my favorite site, because it gives a lot of control over the profile, and the messaging system is a lot more conducive to long, elaborate messages. Also they support video-chat for premium users. I actually got a date out of this. It went well too.

I think those women were playing games.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2021, 7:35 pm

I've never used a dating site and I likely never would. One day many years ago I was bored and a free-trial eHarmony survey popped up on my computer. I like questionnaires so I filled it in even though I wasn't looking for a date. It was really interesting and seemed pretty thorough. I forgot all about it until about a year later they emailed me and said I had ONE match. I didn't even know I was eligible for matches since I didn't join, but I thought it was pretty funny that it took a year for anyone on planet Earth to match with my profile. I wrote things like "I just want to stay home. I don't want to go anywhere or do anything". Apparently there's one person in the world who matched, and I still try to picture this lonely soul out there looking for a friend. I'd love to know who he was, just out of curiosity. Surely there's no one with the same lack of social interest that I expressed?

old_comedywriter
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2021, 8:16 pm

Short answer: No
Long answer: Hell No

Gentleman Argentum
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2021, 3:23 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:

I've never used a dating site and I likely never would. One day many years ago I was bored and a free-trial eHarmony survey popped up on my computer. I like questionnaires so I filled it in even though I wasn't looking for a date. It was really interesting and seemed pretty thorough. I forgot all about it until about a year later they emailed me and said I had ONE match. I didn't even know I was eligible for matches since I didn't join, but I thought it was pretty funny that it took a year for anyone on planet Earth to match with my profile. I wrote things like "I just want to stay home. I don't want to go anywhere or do anything". Apparently there's one person in the world who matched, and I still try to picture this lonely soul out there looking for a friend. I'd love to know who he was, just out of curiosity. Surely there's no one with the same lack of social interest that I expressed?

There's plenty, dear. I have little social interest myself. Staying home I do quite a bit, although, not all the time, that gets old. One needs to have little adventures once in a while.

A match on eHarmony does not mean that the person likes you. It means eHarmony thinks you are somewhat compatible. If you send someone a smile, message or ice-breaker, and they reply...that's when you have an actual Contact. I have made a fair number of Contacts on eHarmony. Right now I am still interested in one of them. She is unusual, but I like that about her. I don't think I like usual very much.

Most people will not get interested in someone that has not uploaded a profile picture. At least one, preferably several recent ones. There are many female profiles with no picture at all! And then some with only one picture, a head shot. Then, there are profiles with very old photos, I am talking 2008... I do not know why women think that is OK. I think they are nervous about their looks, maybe or about people at work finding out about them and judging them... I know I was a little bit too. Then I reckon nobody at work can really say anything, they need luv too. :P

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2021, 8:58 pm

I tried ALOT of dating sites in the past, POF - I never got anyone, Match.com, eHarmony - never got a guy, OkCupid- got one ex-boyfriend, I talked to alot of guys there, I did more dating sites. I’m friends with my ex, he wants to be my boyfriend again, I don’t know about that.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2021, 6:26 pm

superboyian wrote:
There's another one called Badoo which is okish I guess.
I think I've tried quite a few other different ones in the past, just not for me.

One bad experience is bad enough for me.

I was on Badoo years ago, and it was nothing but Spam bots.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!