Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2021, 10:09 am

anywhere
I was autistic but I am also schizphernic since 2 years ago (age 45)

wow

I am socially fooked

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2021, 10:10 am

and all i wanted to do was find someone to love.

someone thoughtr i was narcissitic...not likely

I am more of an altruist...

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2021, 10:12 am

on saying that the schizophrenia has not made much difference...

I still dont get people, wharts new

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2021, 2:28 pm

I don't know much about schizophrenia so I don't know if my own experiences will be useful to you or not, but for what it's worth, I've been through times when I've felt I didn't belong, and I've only ever figured out two things to do about it. One is to look at myself and try to fix anything I find that people might not like. The other is to look at other people, and to try to find the type of people who might be able to give me what I want (and who I might be able to give what they want).

It's probably worked a bit, but not all that well. The trouble is that there's a lot about me that I can't change, or don't want to. Also there aren't many people I feel really good about, and most of them can't really do much for me. I've learned to be fairly comfortable being on my own a lot, so it doesn't worry me much. I get something out of exchanging ideas online, that seems to help.

Last edited by ToughDiamond on 17 May 2021, 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

atticusphere
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 May 2021, 2:30 pm

I don't understand neurotypicals, I don't understand other autists. I don't belong in any community. legit waiting for the mothership to beam me back up. "get in, loser, we're going cosmic shopping".