Does anyone feel like they never "grew up"?

Page 4 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Do you feel like you never really "grew up"?
Yes 77%  77%  [ 30 ]
No 8%  8%  [ 3 ]
Maybe/Unsure 15%  15%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 39

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

25 May 2021, 7:44 am

I didn't feel really adult until being about 30.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2021, 8:31 am

I don't mask to get along with NTs, I try coping.

I mask to appear adult.

AlanMooresBeard
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 May 2021, 9:18 am

bottleblank wrote:
AlanMooresBeard wrote:

Thanks for posting this. You’ve pretty much described how I’ve found “adulthood” so far. I really could not have put it better myself.

...and thank you too for saying so, I was beginning to think I was the only one :D

No problem. It’s reassuring that there are others like me out there.

usagibryan
Toucan
Toucan

25 May 2021, 9:27 am

Yep, I still feel like a bumbling teenager. A lot of the typical milestones for people happened to me either late in life or not at all. I still live with my mother, I feel like my hobbies/interests are infantile, and I still struggle with everyday things like finances and basic social interaction.

I just wanna put on some jammies, have a snack, watch cartoons and get away from it all. I think difficulty with "adulting" is such a common theme with my generation it feels like a cliche, but I definitely still feel behind other people my age.

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"