Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2021, 11:49 am

Tonight when I went out to the pub I had 3 and a half pints even though I was planning just to have 2 pints.

Does that mean I have a drinking problem? in the UK the alcohol guidelines say you should have no more than 6 pints of 4 percent beer a week but I am drinking more than that at the moment.

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2021, 12:28 pm

You have a drinking problem if you crave drinking. But a most people lie to themselves using some other activities as an excuse to drink. It is really hard to self-assess.

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2021, 12:40 pm

To be honest, I think drinking alcohol is just socially accepted drug use. I would never even think of trying meth or heroin, even in some low concentration form, so I don't see why the hell I would use ethanol.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2021, 12:42 pm

In England the alcohol guidelines say no more than 6 pints a week

KittyDik
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 May 2021, 5:00 am

Hey!
Look it really depends on how you feel. If you feel as if you are not able to control it, then definitely you have a drinking problem.
If, like somebody already have mentioned, you are trying to fool yourself by giving excuses, even then you have a problem.
Lastly, if you feel terrible mentally after you gain consciousness the other day, you have a problem.

Instead of trying to assess it forever, make a decision instantly and seek any kind of help.
I know you can do it!