Man films UFO shooting down his drone

Page 5 of 7 [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2021, 11:02 pm

Cornflake wrote:
... because an attack came from the rear or above the drone.
I would expect a bird to be a smart fighter pilot.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2021, 11:43 pm

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
Cornflake wrote:
... because an attack came from the rear or above the drone.
I would expect a bird to be a smart fighter pilot.

I imagine no sane bird would choose to fly close to a drone

Sandpiper
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 May 2021, 12:37 am

Bird attacks on drones are pretty common. I'm with the birds. The more of these annoying things they bring down the better. I would also make it a legal requirement for the propellers on drones to be fully enclosed to reduce the risk of injury to birds, and massively increase the penalties for people flying drones in inappropriate places such as close to colonies of cliff nesting seabirds.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2021, 1:02 am

Sandpiper wrote:
Bird attacks on drones are pretty common. I'm with the birds. The more of these annoying things they bring down the better. I would also make it a legal requirement for the propellers on drones to be fully enclosed to reduce the risk of injury to birds, and massively increase the penalties for people flying drones in inappropriate places such as close to colonies of cliff nesting seabirds.

Yes that's why I said no "sane bird" when it happens usually these attacks are territorial and the bird would come into view of the camera before launching itself and even then the bird would circle the drone a few times before pecking.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2021, 1:29 am

cyberdad wrote:
Sandpiper wrote:

Yes that's why I said no "sane bird" when it happens usually these attacks are territorial and the bird would come into view of the camera before launching itself and even then the bird would circle the drone a few times before pecking.

So by "no sane bird" you mean "a sane bird acting in commonplace way".

Falcons attack prey birds in midair. Crows mob hawks to guard their nests. Even hummingbirds will attack hawks to guard their nests.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2021, 1:43 am

But if you think that the guy's drone got sideswiped by an alien hit and run driver then...surely there would be a smear of the alien vehicles body paint on the crashed drone. So have a lab analyze the paint.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2021, 1:50 am

naturalplastic wrote:
But if you think that the guy's drone got sideswiped by an alien hit and run driver then...surely there would be a smear of the alien vehicles body paint on the crashed drone. So have a lab analyze the paint.

As it so happens I'm interested in the image that cornflake reproduced which shows a weird object next to the drone

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2021, 8:37 am

The "weird object" to the upper left has been identified as a partial image of a bird and a rotor.  The "weird object" to the upper right is a partial image of a rotor guard.  The "weird object" filling the lower left half of the image is the Earth.  The "weird object" filling the rest of the image is the sky.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

26 May 2021, 9:26 am

cyberdad wrote:
What was that about speculation? :wink:

And... pecking? More likely to come in claws first - a very common attack method in raptors and corvids. A falcon will dive-bomb pigeons from above at great speed, for example.
Also, try Googling using birds to down drones - not that I'm suggesting that this is what was deliberately done here.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

26 May 2021, 9:48 am

cyberdad wrote:
It actually looks more like green from a plant leaves though rather than feathers, secondly it does not resemble the anatomy of a bird.
I'd already pointed out that it was a motor mount on the drone with some feather-like things attached to it.

Also it's odd that those feathery things don't appear to be present at any earlier point in the video - only after something struck the drone, which was also clearly above any vegetation. The original video shows no near miss with any plant life, either.

Although... a DJI Mavic Pro looks quite different to that shown in the video - especially the white rotor guards which do not exist on the Mavic Pro in that form. The whiteness of the motor mount and the white rotor guard would seem to indicate that the video was actually shot by a different model entirely. Google dji phantom 3 rotor guards and check the images, then Google dji mavic pro rotor guards and check those images.

Not the same at all and furthermore, some of those images show the Mavic Pro from below - guess what? The motor mounts are not white.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2021, 12:39 pm

A falconer sicced his bird on the drone.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2021, 4:36 pm

Fnord wrote:
The "weird object" to the upper left has been identified as a partial image of a bird and a rotor.  The "weird object" to the upper right is a partial image of a rotor guard.  The "weird object" filling the lower left half of the image is the Earth.  The "weird object" filling the rest of the image is the sky.

Identified by whom? link please

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2021, 4:36 pm

Misslizard wrote:
A falconer sicced his bird on the drone.

:lol:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2021, 4:38 pm

Cornflake wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
It actually looks more like green from a plant leaves though rather than feathers, secondly it does not resemble the anatomy of a bird.
I'd already pointed out that it was a motor mount on the drone with some feather-like things attached to it.

Also it's odd that those feathery things don't appear to be present at any earlier point in the video - only after something struck the drone, which was also clearly above any vegetation. The original video shows no near miss with any plant life, either.

Although... a DJI Mavic Pro looks quite different to that shown in the video - especially the white rotor guards which do not exist on the Mavic Pro in that form. The whiteness of the motor mount and the white rotor guard would seem to indicate that the video was actually shot by a different model entirely. Google dji phantom 3 rotor guards and check the images, then Google dji mavic pro rotor guards and check those images.

Not the same at all and furthermore, some of those images show the Mavic Pro from below - guess what? The motor mounts are not white.

Ummm I don't see the resemblance to a drone motor?

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

27 May 2021, 6:24 am

The image from the flight is a view underneath the mount, as I've been referring to it.
The main takeaway you're ignoring is that it is WHITE, not black/dark charcoal as on the Mavic Pro, presented as the drone which recorded the video.

What about all the other points I raised, and those Google searches I suggested?

What about the lack on contact with plant life, if those feathery things are actually leaves?
Have you even viewed what's posted as the original, complete video? I linked to it a few posts back - but here it is again:

Nothing much happens until the ~3:04 mark.
In the comments for this video George Csere (the originator) adds the following information: "On the original footage I found : 20 second long, bigger than the car howering above the tree. 20 second later my drone got hit with a round object. I have only 3 frames. I sent this and the original footage to the mufon, investigator, etc. I am not a video editor, sorry for the music."

Wait, what now? "Bigger than the [a?] car hovering above the tree"? 8O
You'd think that would be a tad more obvious in the video - and probably to people on the ground.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 8:26 am

Once you ignore all the valid facts (i.e., two different drones, bird feathers on the white drone, et cetera), only invalid assumptions remain (e.g., space aliens travelled for thousands of years just to shoot down one man's drone).

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.