Page 4 of 6 [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2021, 11:32 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Feed them crystal meth. Get em addicted.

Then they will start attacking people and chewing their eyes out.

you're thinking of "bath salts".

Crystal meth, like crack, would make them do things like: knock their own front teeth out so they can suck on pipes better, not eat, and ...prostitute themselves on street corners!

They won’t ever sleep and will chew more since they will have the “ jaw jack” going on.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2021, 11:37 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Crystal meth, like crack, would make them do things like: knock their own front teeth out so they can suck on pipes better, not eat, and ...prostitute themselves on street corners!

Bath salts were just a moral panic. The Miami Cannibal (for example) was claimed to have been on them but testing proved he likely wasn't intoxicated on anything when the incident occurred.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2021, 11:55 am

Meth Mice would be a good horror film.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2021, 4:28 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Bath salts were just a moral panic. The Miami Cannibal (for example) was claimed to have been on them but testing proved he likely wasn't intoxicated on anything when the incident occurred.

He just...mistook his friend for a burrito, and just started chow down on his buddy's face- without being mentally impaired by any chemical? Okay. If you say so. 8O

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2021, 4:57 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

He just...mistook his friend for a burrito, and just started chow down on his buddy's face- without being mentally impaired by any chemical? Okay. If you say so. 8O

If he was intoxicated on any of the drugs known as bath salts they would have appeared in the toxicology. They didn't. While positive findings wouldn't confirm intoxication negative findings confirm that a substance wasn't present. There's lots of analogs and that would make confirming the exact substance difficult but many analogs will form the same metabolites which would at least indicate the general family. They didn't report finding metabolites consistent with a substituted phenethylamine.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/medical-exam ... z1z2Ne6RED

The Greyhound bus attack didn't need to be on bath salts to commit his similarly violent and unprovoked attack, why would this guy need to be?

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2021, 5:28 pm

Bath salts are hard to detect on tox screens.
https://www.aacc.org/cln/articles/2014/march/bath-salts

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2021, 6:01 pm

The kill ratio was in favor of the Aussie army. Thousands of emus slain to...zero humans (though an emu martyr did take out one of the army's trucks, and with it the truck's machine gun!). But the emus endured!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2021, 6:56 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

If he was intoxicated on any of the drugs known as bath salts they would have appeared in the toxicology. They didn't. While positive findings wouldn't confirm intoxication negative findings confirm that a substance wasn't present. There's lots of analogs and that would make confirming the exact substance difficult but many analogs will form the same metabolites which would at least indicate the general family. They didn't report finding metabolites consistent with a substituted phenethylamine.

The Greyhound bus attack didn't need to be on bath salts to commit his similarly violent and unprovoked attack, why would this guy need to be?

Not sure what your point is.

My point was that crystal meth doesnt cause you to eat folks faces.

you're saying that NO drug causes you to do that, even bath salts. So my point still stands. But you seem to be "protesting too much" in defending bath salts for some reason- when its kind of off topic.

So i am guessing that you must a user of designer drugs yourself. Not that I am judging. Just that that would explain you're excessive defensiveness about designer drugs.

By the way -its not for me to explain "why he would need drugs" to get suddenly violent. Its for you to tell us all: what would cause his sudden crazy and violent change behavior - other than drugs.

And then there is what Misslizard cited.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2021, 7:57 pm

I'm not sure farmers want crack addicted mice confronting them as wake up demanding a fix or they'll chew their wires.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2021, 8:23 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Not sure what your point is.

My point was that crystal meth doesnt cause you to eat folks faces.

you're saying that NO drug causes you to do that, even bath salts. So my point still stands. But you seem to be "protesting too much" in defending bath salts for some reason- when its kind of off topic.

So i am guessing that you must a user of designer drugs yourself. Not that I am judging. Just that that would explain you're excessive defensiveness about designer drugs.

By the way -its not for me to explain "why he would need drugs" to get suddenly violent. Its for you to tell us all: what would cause his sudden crazy and violent change behavior - other than drugs.

And then there is what Misslizard cited.

I have no experience with any of the class of drugs known as bath salts. There's other classes of synthetic/designer drugs. Some of them are also very difficult to detect, but synthetic cannabinoids and some of the other categories don't cause ephedrine to be detected in the user's body. Substituted phenethylamines do.

It might have been spice (synthetic cannabinoids, also hard to detect) or it could have been a psychotic break, it isn't proven conclusively that it wasn't a substituted phenethylamine, just that it isn't substantiated that it was.

I'm familiar with this because I was charged with impaired operation and they claimed I was on bath salts, I was just manic as a result of bipolar interacting with bupropion but I read a lot about this while preparing stuff for my attorney. Ephedrine as a metabolite indicates a huge range of drugs, it's absence also helps rule out certain categories of drugs.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2021, 8:35 pm

cyberdad wrote:
I'm not sure farmers want crack addicted mice confronting them as wake up demanding a fix or they'll chew their wires.

Maybe the bath salt mice will devour each other.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2021, 8:58 pm

Misslizard wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Not when there's acres of juicy crops to feast on...

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2021, 9:05 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Drugs of that sort tend to kill the appetite, whether it's MDMA, amphetamines, cathinones, ritalin, etc.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2021, 9:19 pm

Sometimes, there are exceptions.I had a family member that was hooked on meth for years and they had all their teeth, was always hungry and weighed 220. We thought they were bipolar but it was meth.
When they showed up here they ate everything I had in the house, it was awful.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2021, 9:21 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Sprinkle MSG on the mice to make them more appetizing to each other.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2021, 9:30 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Sometimes, there are exceptions.I had a family member that was hooked on meth for years and they had all their teeth, was always hungry and weighed 220. We thought they were bipolar but it was meth.
When they showed up here they ate everything I had in the house, it was awful.

Losing ones teeth isn't a direct result of the drug, although they do contribute to having a dry mouth. It's often a combination of unhealthy diet and poor hygiene while bingeing. Someone who's extending their day/night cycles to be over a day long might be more prone to skipping regular hygiene and that contributes to that outcome. Fixating on that stuff as an outcome might not really work when they use it in anti-drug campaigns because people who experiment with it might feel dared when they don't have those outcomes.

Ritalin withdrawal and amphetamine withdrawal in my experience causes an uptick in appetite. Extended use tends to reduce the appetite suppressant effect as well (after a few months it stops reducing appetite). I lost a bunch of weight early in grade 6 when i took it but it stopped having that effect by grade 7.

I wonder if eating was their form of tweaking because that's a pretty common effect when people use it and have no outlet for their energy, or when they're too tired to sustain focus but too wound-up to relax. Tweaking in general i mean, not eating. It can really be any sort of simple, dopamine releasing activity. Stimulant abuse while engaging in other addictive behaviour can significantly increase the addictive potential of those behaviours.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う