Page 4 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 5:30 pm

Tomorrow I find out if I've passed University...

8O

Here's hoping I graduate.

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 8:10 pm

Thoughts and prayers for good things for you either way!

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 2:11 pm

Lost_dragon wrote:
Tomorrow I find out if I've passed University...

8O

Here's hoping I graduate.

At least, I was meant to find out...it's been radio silence though, so I've sent out an email asking as politely as possible where on Earth my results are.

:|

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2021, 8:30 am

Great news!

I passed my module!

Turns out I'm graduating after all with a 2:1 degree. 8)

:mrgreen:

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2021, 8:33 am

Woo Hoo!! !!

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2021, 6:10 am

My graduation ceremony is in a couple of days.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2021, 7:47 am

^Will you celebrate afterwards?

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2021, 10:17 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
^Will you celebrate afterwards?

Depends what you count as celebrating. I'm going out for a meal with my family. Might check out a Christmas market after that.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2021, 4:40 pm

I don't get drunk, either.

I celebrate through something like going out to dinner. I don't like shopping, though.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2021, 9:34 am

I've now been invited out for a drink in the evening to celebrate with my mates. However, I don't plan on getting drunk. A little tipsy perhaps, but not seriously drunk. I'll have to leave early anyway to get the train back so I don't get stuck there. A shame I have an intolerance towards tomato, there was talk of having pizza at a friend's house but I'll have to sit that one out. Still, I'm happy to hang out there and chat anyway. I can technically eat pizza but it gives me a horrible stomach ache which at its worst makes it difficult to sleep. A shame because otherwise I like it. I'll just get something to eat beforehand and I have mentioned it to the others. Curse my IBS sometimes.

We're going to a gaming bar and a couple of other places. I like the gaming bar, the volume in there is just right, the lighting is calming and the furniture is nice. Frankly I wish more places were like that. I suppose it depends how long people are planning to stay there, if we're there for a while then I might not end up going to the other places which is fine by me. Actually it would work out in my favour since a couple of the other places on the list can be potentially overwhelming. I don't like getting overwhelmed in front of others. Or at all for that matter, it's not a fun experience. It can be quite exhausting.

A friend of mine was showing some of the others an old project we did. It's embarrassing because it's so bad. We didn't know our lines and we were awkward behind the camera. Taking improv definitely helped improve my confidence and learn how to be better when I'm being filmed. However, this particular project was before I took improv and oh wow it shows. I was fidgeting like crazy in that video, I had so much nervous energy back then. Apparently people asked my friend why I was acting like that and he told them that I have a habit of doing weird things with my hands. I assume he's referring to my hand flapping since he's seen me do that before when I was stressed. Not sure how I feel about that being my introduction to some people. I wonder how they interpreted that statement. Hopefully not with their minds in the gutter. I don't hand flap all too often, just when I'm really excited or stressed.

Looking back I've definitely changed a lot since I was eighteen.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2021, 9:44 am

People do tend to change pretty radically from age 18 to 22

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2021, 10:19 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
People do tend to change pretty radically from age 18 to 22

Yup. My peer group has also changed pretty rapidly. My family tends to look younger then they are, so when I was eighteen I unfortunately looked more like a fifteen year old. Now I look about nineteen bordering twenty, so that's not too bad. My hair has become a lot darker. Still blonde, but a darker blonde than it was. I also lacked fashion sense and my hair looks a bit matted in photos from back then. Now I take better care of it. I can't imagine wearing the colour combinations I did back then. As for personality, I was shyer and less involved in things socially. I can't believe how much I used to slouch.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2021, 12:36 pm

Well, I did it. I survived graduation. 8)

For the most part it was a positive experience, but there was some conflict going on between my friends. Let's just say it's complex. That's the trouble with big groups, there's always smaller groups within and when something kicks off it causes a disturbance and everything gets restructured.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2021, 3:20 pm

Many Congradulations..... hooray....! !! !! :heart:

where ever you go ,there you are

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2021, 4:18 pm

Happy for you!! I hope you enjoyed graduating - not necessarily the ceremony, but the feeling of no more essays!

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2021, 7:54 pm

NaturalEntity wrote:
Happy for you!! I hope you enjoyed graduating - not necessarily the ceremony, but the feeling of no more essays!

Thank you. I certainly don't miss essays!

Although I'll admit that I felt a bit lost after I received my final grade. There was definitely a feeling of 'Oh no, what do I do with my life now?' I'd never fully realised how much University was a part of my life until I finished. Even four months later, I still don't completely know the answer to that question. Frankly it can be daunting, but you just have to take it one step at a time and keep going. At the moment I'm doing volunteer work, but I'm still looking out for entry level jobs and internships to apply to. I just hope I can work my way up into a decent job. The thought of not knowing what the near future holds, it can be terrifying at times. Of course, I'm not trying to put you off. It was just a big change.

Admittedly I ended up having a miniature identity crisis, cutting my own bangs (which was later fixed by a hairdresser) and I cut the rest of my hair shorter, then I did a little sightseeing. It helped put things in perspective (getting some air) and I actually grew to like my fringe once it was fixed. Now I have to cut it a little every so often to maintain it. I don't mind doing this and I think it suits me.

The final year was rough. Especially the final project. The last couple of months felt like the longest. I absolutely broke down in tears when I received that fail grade and had to redo my assignment. The thought that I was so close to getting a 2:1, but I was also too close for comfort to getting a fail and redoing the year seemed cruel beyond belief. I was stressed out of my mind. There were nights where I'd stay up and eat pasta at 3 AM or I'd eat Nutella with a spoon and sob. At one point, my friend invited me to an afternoon out at the park and I really needed that - it was a nice break. I appreciated my friends being there for me during this time, I couldn't have pulled through this without them.

Fortunately, I did pull through and it worked out. With so much pressure built up, it felt odd when it was just all over.