Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2021, 3:16 pm

....to this: today I went to do grocery shopping at a local supermarket that had a train set suspended from the dairy section that was going round and round. Here it is: I felt sorry for the train going round and round with no one admiring the hard work it was doing. I felt a longing love and admiration for the trains. Am I nuts?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2021, 3:26 pm

Your post made me laugh, but not in a judgemental way. I know what you mean. I feel sorry for things like that too.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2021, 9:37 pm

I hope the train responds to your caring...

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2021, 12:50 pm

Itheraftiekortie wrote:
I hope the train responds to your caring...

The trains did not but the store manager was really happy. Customer service put my appreciation of the trains in their website. The store is Wegmans's

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

28 May 2021, 1:43 am

It seems to me like the store put a lot of effort into something that serves no real logical purpose or benefit. It would make sense for a toy store, a mall, some kinda department store that sold toy trains, or even an old time style candy store but I cant think of much reason why a grocery store would have a toy train going around all day. Seems like a gimmick to attract kids & grocery stores don't focus on attracting kids. Is the store next to a train station or was the store's building 1ce used as a train station?

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition