After 11 days of war Israel and Gaza sign truce

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

salad
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2021, 7:06 pm

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/isr ... -1.9826004

Quote:
Israel and Hamas agreed to an Egyptian-brokered cease-fire on Thursday, following exensive international efforts to end the heaviest flare-up since the 2014 Gaza War.

Fighting between Israel and Hamas escalated over the past week and a half, killing at least 232 people in the Gaza Strip and 12 in Israel, in one of the deadliest exchanges in years.

Israel carried out hundreds of air and several ground strikes in Gaza, while Palestinian militants have fired more than 4,000 rockets at central and southern Israel since last Monday.

Egyptian President Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi in a tweet early on Friday thanked U.S. President Joe Biden for his role in making the Egyptian initiative for a ceasefire in Gaza succeed.

Sisi said he and President Biden both saw the urgency of managing the conflict between all parties with diplomacy.

It's about time. I know this won't last long because so long as Israel continues to build settlements, evict Palestinians like my family from their home, attack the Aqsa Mosque in Ramadan, and occupy Gaza and the West Bank, any supposed "peace" is just a temporary probationary period for the next conflict, but for now Im happy the people in Gaza can be spared more destruction.

Master Oogway

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

21 May 2021, 5:17 am

Man, that war doesn't benefit people on either side.
It's just endless, pointless destruction + "they are evil" propaganda on both sides :(
I wish there was a reliable way out of this crap :(

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2021, 8:06 am

After 11 days of fighting and 283 dead, the winner of the conflict has now been announced:

And it's a tie... between Iran, Russia and China.

Everyone else loses.