Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

psychotic
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Jul 2007, 2:20 am

My results are so bad that it's embarrasing to post them :oops: what would cause this low of scores except for like being mentally ret*d? ADHD? I really don't know, but this is really bad. REALLY bad. The only reason I probably did better on the verbal one is because the sample size was so low.

I bombed this test wrote:
Face Recognition Memory

In the face recognition test, you were asked to learn the faces of 10 women. When you were tested on these faces, you had to indicate whether a face on the screen was one you learned or one that you hadn't seen before.

Out of 20 familiar faces, you correctly responded that you had seen 19 faces before.

Out of 30 unfamiliar faces, you correctly responded that you had NOT seen 19 faces before.

Overall, you got 76% correct! The average score on this test is 85% correct. Your percentile rank on this test was 16.

Object Recognition Memory

In the object recognition test, you were asked to memorize 10 images of eyeglasses. When you were tested on these eyeglasses, you had to indicate whether a pair of eyeglasses on the screen was one you learned or one that you hadn't seen before.

Out of 20 familiar eyeglasses, you correctly responded that you had seen 18 eyeglasses before.

Out of 30 unfamiliar eyeglasses, you correctly responded that you had NOT seen 19 eyeglasses before.

Overall, you got 74% correct! The average score on this test is 86% correct. Your percentile rank on this test was 10.

Verbal Recognition Memory

In the verbal recognition test, you were asked to learn the names of 12 men. When you were tested on these names, you had to indicate which of four names was one of the names that you had learned.

Out of 12 sets of names, you correctly chose the familiar name8 times.

Overall, you got 67% correct! The average score on this test is 77% correct. Your percentile rank on this test was 25.

Bearsac-Debra
Toucan
Toucan

22 Jul 2007, 4:58 am

I was surprised by the higher than expected score I got for name recognition. I reflect that I maybe remember names that I see written or that I speak better than names that I hear in introduction or in conversation. I didn't realise that all the faces were female, I thought some were male.

My results:

Face Recognition Memory
In the face recognition test, you were asked to learn the faces of 10 women. When you were tested on these faces, you had to indicate whether a face on the screen was one you learned or one that you hadn't seen before.
Out of 20 familiar faces, you correctly responded that you had seen 5 faces before.
Out of 30 unfamiliar faces, you correctly responded that you had NOT seen 27 faces before.
Overall, you got 64% correct! The average score on this test is 85% correct. Your percentile rank on this test was less than 1.

In the object recognition test, you were asked to memorize 10 images of eyeglasses. When you were tested on these eyeglasses, you had to indicate whether a pair of eyeglasses on the screen was one you learned or one that you hadn't seen before.
Out of 20 familiar eyeglasses, you correctly responded that you had seen 18 eyeglasses before.
Out of 30 unfamiliar eyeglasses, you correctly responded that you had NOT seen 25 eyeglasses before.
Overall, you got 86% correct! The average score on this test is 86% correct. Your percentile rank on this test was 50.

In the verbal recognition test, you were asked to learn the names of 12 men. When you were tested on these names, you had to indicate which of four names was one of the names that you had learned.
Out of 12 sets of names, you correctly chose the familiar name10 times.
Overall, you got 83% correct! The average score on this test is 77% correct. Your percentile rank on this test was 65.

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2007, 6:04 am

I did too well which makes me suspicious. in real life my face recognition is quite poor. It's not like faces keep still in real life, nor can you stare blankly at people to memorise their face. It definitely doesn't reflect my abilities irl. I have had two beers though, maybe that helped!

Face Recognition Memory

Out of 20 familiar faces, you correctly responded that you had seen 17 faces before.
Out of 30 unfamiliar faces, you correctly responded that you had NOT seen 30 faces before.
Overall, you got 94% correct! The average score on this test is 85% correct. Your percentile rank on this test was 84.

Out of 20 familiar eyeglasses, you correctly responded that you had seen 16 eyeglasses before.
Out of 30 unfamiliar eyeglasses, you correctly responded that you had NOT seen 30 eyeglasses before.
Overall, you got 92% correct! The average score on this test is 86% correct. Your percentile rank on this test was 75.

Out of 12 sets of names, you correctly chose the familiar name10 times.
Overall, you got 83% correct! The average score on this test is 77% correct. Your percentile rank on this test was 65.

iceb
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2007, 3:20 pm

Quote:
Face Recognition Memory

Out of 20 familiar faces, you correctly responded that you had seen 10 faces before.

Out of 30 unfamiliar faces, you correctly responded that you had NOT seen 26 faces before.

Overall, you got 72% correct! The average score on this test is 85% correct. Your percentile rank on this test was 9.

Out of 20 familiar eyeglasses, you correctly responded that you had seen 20 eyeglasses before.

Out of 30 unfamiliar eyeglasses, you correctly responded that you had NOT seen 28 eyeglasses before.

Overall, you got 96% correct! The average score on this test is 86% correct. Your percentile rank on this test was 86.

Out of 12 sets of names, you correctly chose the familiar name3 times.

Overall, you got 25% correct! The average score on this test is 77% correct. Your percentile rank on this test was less than 1.

I know I have always been hopeless with names and faces, but that bad? I also had a childhood fascination with spectacles but I my object recognition is quite good 'I think' anyway.

Being a person who is very easy to recognise I am always finding people stopping me to talk and I am wondering "Where do I know you from?" It can be quite embarising :oops:

psychotic
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Jul 2007, 4:59 pm

Looks like I'm the only one with consistently bad scores in all three areas! That's something to be proud of :lol:

nobodyzdream
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2007, 5:11 pm

Face Recognition Memory

Out of 20 familiar faces, you correctly responded that you had seen 10 faces before.

Out of 30 unfamiliar faces, you correctly responded that you had NOT seen 28 faces before.

Overall, you got 76% correct! The average score on this test is 85% correct. Your percentile rank on this test was 16.

Out of 20 familiar eyeglasses, you correctly responded that you had seen 16 eyeglasses before.

Out of 30 unfamiliar eyeglasses, you correctly responded that you had NOT seen 29 eyeglasses before.

Overall, you got 90% correct! The average score on this test is 86% correct. Your percentile rank on this test was 65.

Overall, you got 67% correct! The average score on this test is 77% correct. Your percentile rank on this test was 25.

I'm my own guinea pig.

TG
Toucan
Toucan

22 Jul 2007, 7:39 pm

Face Recognition Memory

Out of 30 unfamiliar faces, you correctly responded that you had NOT seen 30 faces before.
Overall, you got 80% correct! The average score on this test is 85% correct. Your percentile rank on this test was 28.

Out of 20 familiar eyeglasses, you correctly responded that you had seen 20 eyeglasses before.
Out of 30 unfamiliar eyeglasses, you correctly responded that you had NOT seen 29 eyeglasses before.
Overall, you got 98% correct! The average score on this test is 86% correct. Your percentile rank on this test was 90.

Out of 12 sets of names, you correctly chose the familiar name11 times.
Overall, you got 92% correct! The average score on this test is 77% correct. Your percentile rank on this test was 84.

I didn't realise that the faces were all of women until the end of the test...And the fact that I received a somewhat high score in face recognition is misleading, because I entered 'no' when I wasn't sure...even if I had seen all those faces before, I probably still would have entered 'no'. (does that make any sense?)
I also didn't think I was that good at object and name recognition, it seemed to go by instinct rather than thinking about it.

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2007, 10:02 pm

Quote:
Face Recognition Memory

Overall, you got 74% correct! The average score on this test is 85% correct. Your percentile rank on this test was 12.

Overall, you got 66% correct! The average score on this test is 86% correct. Your percentile rank on this test was 2.

Overall, you got 83% correct! The average score on this test is 77% correct! Your percentile rank on this test was 65

I love the exclamation marks, especially when you've done really poorly. It's like, congratulations! You scored in the 2nd percentile! Your visual memory sucks! Hooray! That was not a surprise, but I would have thought I'd have done better on the verbal recognition memory one- but I guess names aren't the most interesting thing they could have picked. On an actual test I had of my ability to learn novel words, I scored in the 99th percentile- but who cares if someone's name is Alberton or Albertson?

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

23 Jul 2007, 12:32 am

Face Recognition Memory

Out of 20 familiar faces, you correctly responded that you had seen 18 faces before.

Out of 30 unfamiliar faces, you correctly responded that you had NOT seen 21 faces before.

Overall, you got 78% correct! The average score on this test is 85% correct. Your percentile rank on this test was 20.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Out of 20 familiar eyeglasses, you correctly responded that you had seen 17 eyeglasses before.

Out of 30 unfamiliar eyeglasses, you correctly responded that you had NOT seen 21 eyeglasses before.

Overall, you got 76% correct! The average score on this test is 86% correct. Your percentile rank on this test was 14.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Out of 12 sets of names, you correctly chose the familiar name12 times.

Overall, you got 100% correct! The average score on this test is 77% correct. Your percentile rank on this test was 93.

Oh my gosh...I got 100% in verbal recognition memory! I am really surprised, I thought I got some of them incorrect.

Venevus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Jul 2007, 11:06 am

Face Recognition Memory

Out of 20 familiar faces, you correctly responded that you had seen 18 faces before.

Out of 30 unfamiliar faces, you correctly responded that you had NOT seen 28 faces before.

Overall, you got 92% correct! The average score on this test is 85% correct. Your percentile rank on this test was 80.

Overall, you got 94% correct! The average score on this test is 86% correct. Your percentile rank on this test was 82.

I think i should've done worse on the verbal/name part of the test, I'm terrible with names. The other stuff I pretty much expected, and yet am still pleasantly surprised. If I do have some sort of problem with face recognition, it's more an issue with how to greet someone when i'm not sure weather or not it is the person (shyness i guess?).

unnamed
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jul 2007, 11:50 am

Face Recognition: 94%
Object Recognition: 94%
Verbal Recognition: 92%

This test is really basic, and of course, is performed while we're sitting quietly at our computers, not out in a noisy and crowded public place. I'm pretty sure my sensory overload is to blame for my failure to remember the names and faces of people I encounter in public, not to mention my lack of memory for directions. Trying to hear and process someone's name and then connect it to their face, while attempting to screen out the surrounding sensory chaos, is a much more complex process than anything I had to do on that test. It was a fun test, though.

Maeotian
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Jul 2007, 11:51 am

Face Recognition Memory

Out of 20 familiar faces, you correctly responded that you had seen 12 faces before.

Out of 30 unfamiliar faces, you correctly responded that you had NOT seen 13 faces before.

Overall, you got 50% correct! The average score on this test is 85% correct. Your percentile rank on this test was less than 1.

Out of 20 familiar eyeglasses, you correctly responded that you had seen 17 eyeglasses before.

Out of 30 unfamiliar eyeglasses, you correctly responded that you had NOT seen 22 eyeglasses before.

Overall, you got 78% correct! The average score on this test is 86% correct. Your percentile rank on this test was 18.

Out of 12 sets of names, you correctly chose the familiar name12 times.

Overall, you got 100% correct! The average score on this test is 77% correct. Your percentile rank on this test was 93.

Yep. That's me alright. I'm absolutely terrible at remembering faces. Im not sure, but isin't impairment in facial recognitoin an Aspie characteristic?

paulsinnerchild
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2007, 1:13 am

Sat through the test four more times and I only made a very marginal improvement on faces in the first three sittings but still way below average. Even after the 5th attempt I was still in the bottom 25 percentile.

Original test
Face memory 56%
Object memory 90%
Verbal memory 75%

Test 2
Face memory 52%
Object memory 96%
Verbal memory 100%

Test 3
Face memory 58%
Object memory 98%
Verbal memory 100%