Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

mohsart
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2021, 3:19 am

Possibly I'll start taking wednesdays off soon.
Right now I cannot function effectively full time due to various reasons, mainly that some people have stopped saying hello to me, and that I'm treated bad in other more subtile ways.

I will probably get paid for full time, because as my boss says "if you need to take time off due to illness, that shouldn't affect your sallary".
I'm not sure how to react to that.

The autism perhaps makes me more sensitive, or perhaps I'm just a sensitive person, but it's not an illness.
And the fact that others are mean isn't an illness, at least it's not me being ill.
Still it's true that I shouldn't have to suffer economically for this mess.

/Mats

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2021, 7:20 am

Work should never be so important that it trumps good health. If you need time off to function properly then take it and if your boss is good enough to pay you anyway then accept that help without any feeling of guilt or shame.

Autism isn't an illness but it's a condition that messes with our ability to have our psychological needs met. That leaves us vulnerable to mental health issues and those can be considered an illness and can be every bit as serious as physiological illnesses.

Take the help, use the time to recharge. Feel better. Don't beat yourself up.

mohsart
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2021, 8:12 am

To clarify, it was my initiative to take time off.
And what I object to is not getting paid, it's the wording. Being bullied isn't an illness.
Anyways, it's just a temporary solution. The real problem should be dealt with; I don't have the energy myself, but others are affected too, so. Well we'll see.
Hopefully it's the covid situation that has messed people up, and things will work out by themselves when things go back to being more normal, but I'm sceptical.

/Mats

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2021, 8:55 am

Cool. No being bullied isn't an illness. But it can affect your mental health. Which can become an illness. Just like eating bad food all the time isn't an illness. But it can lead to diabetes. Which is.

So it's not an illness, but it's a matter of health. That's all I meant. Glad to hear you're taking steps to protect yourself.

mohsart
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 9:55 am

To get meds and sick leave I had to
Get a requesition from work.
Call the company we have a deal with.

Now, that company doesn't have any psychiatrists employed, so I'll see a general practitioner who then may remit me to somewhere else.
Then, perhaps, I can get the meds I need and maybe the partial sick leave that I'm sure will be good for me.

It sucks to have to take all the initiatives, calling this and that company and whatnot.
I'm not very good at talking over the phone and I suck att opening snailmail (late on most bills and missed several other medical appointments).

I feel like just quitting my job. It'd be so much easier...

/Mats

mohsart
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2021, 8:12 am

The GP was a disaster, every time I opened my mouth she'd just talk over me. I doubt she heard much of what I had to say.
So no sick leave, but she prescribed some sort of medicine that may help me getting some sleep at night, we'll see...

/Mats

RadioDog
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Jun 2021, 11:28 am

DuckHairback wrote:
Autism isn't an illness but it's a condition that messes with our ability to have our psychological needs met.

That is an amazingly clear statement. Can I quote you for that?

"Autism isn't an illness but it's a condition that messes with our ability to have our psychological needs met." - DuckHairback on this site.