What "glitch in the matrix" moments have happened to you?

Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2021, 7:02 pm

In case you don't know, "glitch in the matrix" are true accounts of a small but puzzling occurrence that has no logical explanation. I find this topic both interesting and sometimes even creepy.

When I was about 8 or 9 I had a rubber ball (about the size of a golf ball) and was gently bouncing it in my garden (backyard) one day. It hit my leg and bounced off somewhere nearby on the lawn (not near a bush or anything). The grass was short but no matter how hard I looked for the rubber ball I could not find it anywhere. I got my family to help but they couldn't find it either. The lawn was mowed again a few days later and the lawnmower would have made a funny noise if it ran over a rubber ball but it didn't. It's like the rubber ball just bounced into oblivion and I never saw any trace of it.

When I was 16 my cousin looked in the mirror and said "bloody Mary" 3 times, thinking she'd see blood on her face or something. She didn't, and we laughed it off and forgot about it. Then later that day my cousin accidentally banged her head in the kitchen on a cupboard door and when I looked at her she literally had blood trickling down her face. I don't know if it was just coincidence or what it was but I've never done the bloody Mary thing in the mirror and I'd advise others not to, just in case it does attempt fate that something will happen to make blood run down your face.

Honest to God, both these stories are true. I think I have more but I can't think of any right now. But I'll share them here if I do. Do you have any strange experiences that have happened to you or people you know?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2021, 7:57 pm

I saw a ghost in my parents' kitchen when I was a teenager. I swear on my life there was no other explanation. I can still picture him like it was yesterday.

I was cooking once, and a fork flew off the countertop and hit me in the chest before falling to the ground. No pets around, no window open, and even if something made it fall by gravity it couldn't have gone up rather than down. I'm taller than the countertop obviously and I was a few feet away from it.

My mother lost her wedding ring years before my father passed away. On the day of his funeral we were leaving her house and she went back upstairs for some reason. Her ring was in the ring box on her dresser. Her house and her bedroom are immaculate and there's no explanation for it. I had been in her bedroom helping her get dressed, just moments prior. It wasn't there. There's nothing else on her dresser except a framed photo and a lamp.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2021, 10:01 pm

I don't. :(
But others around me did.

Like seeing my doppelganger in two different times around the apartment.

'She' does not appear to be friendly. One time was kids seeing me with a knife.
Another was with workers seeing me on the roof in the middle of a storm.
I never met her.

And others thought I cause some glitches myself and they encounter it -- like undoing stuff or starting coincidences.
How come I don't see it myself? :?

However... Instead, I keeping finding cheat codes and hints -- like, say, instant karma. Nothing physics breaking yet.
Maybe favors that I may or may not be aware of myself because others thought I do.

I kinda wish I found the true wish spell.
Or maybe I did, I just suck at turning it on and exploiting it. :P

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2021, 10:29 am

One time a few days before the Christmas of 2011, I was getting something for my mum in the laundry room. I put my Coke on top of the clothes dryer. I realized that I left the Coke in the laundry room. I walked back into that room and it wasn't there. I looked all over my parents home and it wasn't anywhere. It just vanished.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2021, 1:36 pm

As a child, I had a doll - it was a big, naked baby doll with dark hair - I inherited it from my first cousin. One day I noticed it just... like vanished 8O Normally, it was sitting on the top of the wardrobe and later it was just not there 8O I still wonder what has happened to that toy 8O I know for sure my mother didn't give it to some other child, it wasn't stolen, as no one visited me etc.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2021, 1:33 pm

My aunt lives on her own and had a mirror in her bedroom on the wall, it was brand new and didn't have a mark or a scratch on it. Then one day she noticed it was noticeably broken in one corner, like a large piece was smashed off. But she never did find any broken glass anywhere, and she would have known if it had been vacuumed because it was a large piece of glass and her bedroom floor has soft carpet so it couldn't have smashed into tiny pieces. Also she still wonders how the hell it got broken like that in the first place. It looks like it had fallen off the wall but it's securely screwed to the wall and she doesn't remember knocking it off the wall or it falling off by itself.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2021, 7:53 am

When I was sixteen, I knew a guy who was gradually losing his sense of vision. His family had an inheritable condition that causes rapid degeneration of the eyes and irreparable complete loss of eyesight. So his doctors told him that he would inevitably become blind. When I met him, he could still see to a low degree. His vision got worse through the months.

To come to terms with losing his eyesight, he decided to study graphic design as a way of experiencing his vision to the fullest before losing it completely. It gave him something to do during this time, and the teachers were aware of this. Plans were discussed of what he would do and what he would study when the day came where he would lose his vision completely.

As predicted, that day came. He transferred out of the class but I still saw him walking around the building.

However, that was not the end of this story. I overheard frantic talking one day between his carers that had been helping him transition to life as a blind man. Apparently he had been showing unusual behaviour. Signs of predicting where items were and where they would be. This wouldn't be too unusual if he'd been blind for a while and was used to echolocation, but it had been fairly sudden and by all accounts he shouldn't have been so aware of his surroundings. Yet he was. People began to wonder - why?

Now here's where it gets really weird. He wasn't blind. At least, not for the reason we all thought he was. There is a lesser-known phenomenon called the Nocebo effect. Essentially, when negative expectations lead to negative outcomes. He believed he was going blind so much that his brain adapted to that reality. The problem wasn't his eyes, but his brain telling him that his eyes weren't working. A part of his mind could still see, but he couldn't, because his brain was stopping him from consciously experiencing it.

When he learned the truth, he was baffled (understandably so). For so long he'd thought that what was happening was what had happened to particular family members, and to learn that wasn't the case must've been life changing. Over the course of a few weeks, his vision gradually returned and he could suddenly see again.

Not long after, I was walking around the area one day when I saw him go whizzing past on a bicycle pedalling away and he waved at me. He seemed happier, he was taking in all the sights as he briefly glanced around before speeding off.

I'm not a religious or spiritual person, but I did wonder in that moment if we were living in some sort of simulation. To see a guy who had such terrible vision that he used to struggle walking in a straight line go from that to waving at me whilst on a bicycle in a matter of weeks was one of the weirdest experiences in my life.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2021, 9:23 pm

When I was little I had a snow globe, and I put it on my shelf. After a couple of weeks the water inside was suddenly gone, and the 'snow' was just sitting at the bottom as dry as a bone. There was no sign of any leak, the shelf was completely dry and nothing on the shelf got wet or ruined by the water, and the water couldn't have just evaporated from inside an airtight snow globe like that. Very odd indeed.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2021, 10:13 pm

I think I may have had a couple, but I can't recall what they were...

Ghost stories, though, I have lots of those.

I've had similar to the "rubber ball" story, something was definitely haunting my parents' house...things would go missing quite often, and show up in strange places. One time, one of my dad's invoice books went missing, and they found it in the bottom of a dusty box.
Saw a ghost in my room, heard her giggle at me a few weeks before...had a "ghost" dog in my room once too, it leapt at me and I felt it hit me, before it disappeared under my desk.

I've had memories of past lives...I think the last big one I had, it just hit me out of nowhere, and the emotions were so strong that I started to cry. I don't cry easy.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2021, 10:24 pm

I love these stories. Everyone please write more.

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2021, 11:17 pm

I tend to be skeptical at heart, but there have been several things that I have seen that I can't explain for the life of me. No clue what's up with them...

One time I took my kids to visit my parents. The parents used to have this giant house with a massive living room, ceiling was like two stories tall. The three older kids (all under 10 at the time) were playing a game in the living room where they would throw a stuffed animal to see which one could go the farthest or the highest...which animal would win. My oldest, he threw the stuffed animal he grabbed up in the air, a little monkey, and the damn thing never hit the ground. It just vanished. Gone. No idea where it went. Never did find the thing. It was weird.

A few years back I went on this doll painting kick. I had one I had recently finished sitting on the piano, and out of nowhere it flew off the piano about four feet before landing on the ground. I was the only one home, no pet at the time, no window open... the doll was nowhere near the edge and even if it had been, it wouldn't have traveled that far. I can't explain it.

Just a few months ago, I was stressed out, so I was decompressing by sitting on a giant yoga ball and bouncing. I had some headphones on, totally rockin out, ignoring the world. I felt a hand grab my shoulder. It was a big hand, adult sized, not a terribly tight grip, but certainly a firm one. It's just me and the dog living here, so I was startled, turned to see who was in my house...maybe one of my kids showed up or something, but no one was there. I felt that sh**. Gave me the creeps.

Dragnet
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2021, 1:13 pm

I am a glitch in the matrix.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2021, 2:52 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I love these stories. Everyone please write more.

I have a friend whose dad haunts their house...and I don't think his dad likes me very much. Photos of him would fall over whenever I got near them. One day, sitting around the dining room table, I jokingly said something rude about him (I really can't recall the context), and as soon as I did, a small paint can on the shelf behind me fell to the ground, inches from landing on my head.

FleaOfTheChill wrote:
Just a few months ago, I was stressed out, so I was decompressing by sitting on a giant yoga ball and bouncing. I had some headphones on, totally rockin out, ignoring the world. I felt a hand grab my shoulder.

That's the same thing that happened to me, with the ghost dog. I hate wearing headphones when I'm alone, because I start to feel like someone is watching me...so on that particular occasion, I turned around to make sure that nobody was watching me, and that's when the dog ran up to me.

Also reminds me, this one time I was in bed, getting ready to sleep, listening to a CD (Black Sabbath - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath). It was on the title track, right near the end, and I started hearing these really weird noises. I took off my headphones to see if they were in the house, but they were only in the music. The noises stopped before the song did, and I never heard them ever again.

There's a famous story that they spent the night in a haunted castle once, during the recording sessions, but they all got too freaked out and had to leave. Possibly related??

I don't remember exactly what they sounded like, but they weren't disc error noises or anything like that.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2021, 1:48 pm

at 16 i unwittingly precognitioned my life long disability . But not the incident that would cause it.
at 19 yrs old , at that same time i also . Knew was to be married to the son of a doctor. Hopefully with a beard . at 32 approx was married to a man who was estranged from his family , 10 yrs later found out his father had been a doctor . Oddly enough he passed 4 year later . It was a very traumatic experience to lose him. We had become our own family . Very closely bonded.

where ever you go ,there you are

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2021, 2:33 pm

When I was a child somewhere around the age of 8 to 12, I walked down to the local little beach and as I was a bit of a shy person, one inner sand dune had a locely area of exposed sand, and I heard some people coming so I hid in the bushes above this nice sandy patch waiting for them to move on and walk towards the beach... But they did not. These teenagers were drinking and were a bit tipsy, and one of them threw his can into the hedge and it landed right next to me. I was annoyed that he threw litter, so I carefully looked over the edge and threw it back and it landed right by them. I then quietly but quickly made my way through the bush and I hid behind the large bushy area but within easy range. I was able to remain hidden. They climbed the sandy bit to where I had been hiding, and looked up and down and saw nothing. I saw their faces turn as white as a sheet. I was just out of earshot to hear exactly what they were saying but they legged it! So much for brave hardy teenagers! They never did find out that it was me! I was doing all I could to try not to laugh when I saw their faces when they saw that no one was there!

Udinaas
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 9:50 pm

I had sleep paralysis every few months or so when I was 19-21. I never saw anything (this may be in part because I mostly kept my eyes closed) but I've felt and heard things that weren't there. I've has strong feelings of a presence and felt hands a few times, although it usually turned out to be my own hand that had been asleep. I've heard what sounded like a snarling dog and felt chewing on my neck. The weirdest instance was during the 2016 primary when I had a dream that Ben Carson had hacked my phone (everything I texted changed to "Carson.com" :lol: ) and then I woke to find myself paralyzed with loud demonic-sounding chanting in my ear. It was in gibberish containing no recognizable words. The funny thing is that in that particular instance I knew it wasn't real and even though I was still terrified I was also really annoyed that it was happening to me. Same with the dogs; if it's loud I immediately know it's not real. It's the subtle stuff that's really scary because my brain completely believes it while still it's happening. It stopped happening after I graduated college, which is weird, since it mostly happened when I was at my parent's house in the same room and bed I still sleep in, only once in my dorm.