Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2021, 9:14 pm

I think I might have Schizotypal Personality Disorder.

I also have a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder. Is both possible?

I also have Bipolar Disorder with psychotic features.

CollegeGirlAnon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 May 2021, 5:40 pm

You need to ask a psychologist about all of this.

No one on this site is going to be able to evaluate you for any of the conditions you are asking about.

TriPM Score (Taken 05/22/2021):
103 out of 174 points (99th percentile)

ADHD & ASD diagnosis made in childhood.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2021, 6:00 pm

Thank you! I understood.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2021, 12:56 pm

I asked the same question on Discord and he said that if I was diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder and Schizotypal Personality Disorder at the same time, my psychiatrist will get fired, as he said.

He thinks that I can't have both, even though the symptoms of both disorders are obviously not the same at all, even though they look similar. That is like saying I can't have ADHD, because symptoms of ADHD looks very similar to Autism Spectrum Disorder.

If that is the case, then Autism Spectrum Disorder is a developmental form of Schizophrenia.

My symptoms:

* I have fixed, false beliefs that I am better than everyone else and have magical powers based on my restricted interests

* Fantasies about being better than everyone else and having magical powers.

* Mild arrogant attitude

I have Autism Spectrum Disordeer myself

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2021, 2:01 pm

It sounds like you're asking two separate questions.

It's certainly sounds possible that one can meet the criteria from both ASD and SPD.
It might also be true that under current guidelines both can't be diagnosed in the same individual.

That said, having ASD without adequate support might explain why one has developed those traits and that might be considered a reason to dismiss SPD diagnoses in patients with ASD.

I have no further insight into that matter but I know within my lifetime I was first diagnosed with ADD. At the time ADD wasn't allowed to be diagnosed with austism or with Asperger's. Fifteen years later or so I was diagnosed with ASD, the terms ADD and Asperger's no longer appeared in the DSM and ASD and ADHD were now allowed to both be diagnosed in an individual.

Sometimes the experts realize one can have two things they didn't previously believe could exist comorbid so even if the current diagnostic criteria says they can't, it might just be a matter of time until the understanding changes.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2021, 2:30 pm

Thank you! I understood.