Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2021, 8:08 pm

^^ Perhaps we should say "abilities" rather than "powers," which implies an ability with a practical result. Maybe you are really fishing for "the most unusual aspect," not an ability at all.
There was student who failed to get her degree because the topic she chose was of absolutely no interest to anyone else.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2021, 1:05 pm

I don't have any. :lol:

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2021, 7:11 pm

I wouldn't call anything I've got a superpower. I'm more geared to being somewhat more able than average with certain specific things. So I'm good at programming but only on a relatively low level. I think I was always valued as a good, diligent science worker, but I was no virtuoso. I'm a fairly good musician in some ways but I don't know that many guitar chords and wouldn't know where to start if I had to play like Eric Clapton. My singing voice has good projection, delivery, accuracy and quite a pleasing, sometimes exciting quality to it compared with many amateurs, but quite a few professionals have the edge over me. I'm good a producing music recordings but they're rarely breathtaking. I notice things that others don't, and they sometimes thank me for it, but equally they see a lot that I don't see. Without much outside help apart from the Internet, I can solve the great majority of problems that come my way, but it can take me a long time. I can focus my attention remarkably well but the conditions have to be right and I have difficulty in detaching and resuming from a subject. I can think harder than many people but I tend to overthink and get into diminishing returns. I'm uncommonly good-natured and friendly, but there are a lot of things I won't stand for and if I think something is wrong I can't seem to let it go, I'm the most unsnobbish snob I know.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2021, 7:20 pm

The inability to burp even after drinking soda.

My good autobiographical memory.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2021, 7:28 pm

Superpowers... Eh, I got nothing.

Maybe except chaos -- perceiving enough to dealing with it in my existence in every second, and maybe embodying it and causing it. Sometimes it breaks physics, but I could be lying. :twisted:
But I'd rather have the power of flight instead. :lol:

Abilities... They come and go for me.
I could have it all and all that is useful and good, better than most people for as long as the laws of physics allows it.
I could have none, except the simplest of cognition, most basic of daily living activities and survival, but otherwise being below average.

I want a stable and consistent or improving executive function.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 4:13 am

1. Drawing.
2. Geography.
3. History.
4. Surfing the internet.
5. Memory.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 9:11 am

My holographic German helmet is my superpower. There....I've said it! I finally said it!

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 6:45 pm

It seems I can become invisible if there are two or more other people in the room, five minutes or less after they’ve entered (too bad I can’t figure out how not to :roll: ). I have a remarkable talent for getting in the way no matter how hard I try to stay out of the way. Other than that, I’ve got nothing.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2021, 1:30 am

im good at public speaking and i have a great memory.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2021, 1:56 am

I can make everyone in the room uncomfortable. :twisted:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2021, 2:14 am

I can select a suitable glue by touching a surface.
I can detect an electrically "live" surface without getting a shock.
I can hear the faint clicks of a thermostat.
I can ignore whole genres of popular things.
I have great luck with machinery. I once rode my bike along a trail so rough that when I stopped for a view, my hands were still curled from gripping the bars. My watch strap then broke, and dropped my watch into my hand. The back tire on that bike was worn, so I bought a new one and waited. The old one blew just as I stopped to park where I had the tire stored.