Page 2 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2021, 4:22 am

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
2016 - Media (and certain sections of the population): "Trump is like Hitler and his supporters are like Nazis"
2017 - Media (and certain sections of the population): "Trump is like Hitler and his supporters are like Nazis"
2018 - Media (and certain sections of the population): "Trump is like Hitler and his supporters are like Nazis"
2019 - Media (and certain sections of the population): "Trump is like Hitler and his supporters are like Nazis"
2020 - Media (and certain sections of the population): "Trump is like Hitler and his supporters are like Nazis"
2021 - Media (and certain sections of the population): "Comparisons to the rise of Hitler and the Holocaust are shocking and outrageous and those making them must apologize"

Well, if those Trump supporters didn't fly Swastika and Confederate flags, didn't attack the notion that black lives matter, wear "Camp Auschwitz staff" shirts, etc., then they wouldn't be associated with Nazis.

Saw plenty of MAGAs at the capitol riots flying confederate flags

And Camp Auschwitz Staff tee shirts and hats, too.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2021, 1:55 pm

Oops she did it again
Marjorie Taylor Greene Keeps Comparing COVID to Holocaust Amid Backlash, Likens Vaccine Passports to 'Gold Star'

Quote:
Republican Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia continued to make comparisons between the COVID-19 pandemic and the Holocaust amid growing backlash on Tuesday — this time by drawing parallels between vaccine passports and the "gold stars" Jewish people were forced to wear under Nazi rule.

"Vaccinated employees get a vaccination logo just like the Nazi's forced Jewish people to wear a gold star," Greene tweeted. "Vaccine passports & mask mandates create discrimination against unvaxxed people who trust their immune systems to a virus that is 99% survivable.

First of all was not gold stars Jews were forced to wear on their clothing but Yellow stars.

When I was in elementary school the teachers pasted a gold star on your notebook if you did good.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

TwisterUprocker
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 May 2021, 7:02 pm

BeaArthur wrote:
Marjorie Taylor Greene offends ME, just by being alive.

By ME you mean me not Maine.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2021, 9:52 pm

Maine is also offended.

ACuriousCreature
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 May 2021, 10:08 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Maine is also offended.

Laughed a little too hard at this :lol: :mrgreen:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 12:40 pm

Like many supporters of Trump, MTG is still in denial over the fact that he's no longer President.

Udinaas
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 12:45 pm

She's against removing Hitler statues. Looking at her covid comments in light of this and the "Jewish space laser" stuff, it seems that she's a Nazi and that she makes holocaust comparisons because they're offensive to Jews, not because she literally believes the comparisons she's making.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 3:46 pm

salad wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Outrage over offending Jews seems to be conditional to which party one is a member of.
Why isn't Ilhan Omar's anti Jewish tweets, while suppressed by Google are widely known.

Aren't Omar's tweets critical of Israeli policy? That isn't necessarily Anti-Semitic. Greene, on the other hand, said something completely idiotic comparing mask wearing - a health measure - to wearing a gold star in order to make Jews singled out at one time. And no, wearing a mask isn't singling out anyone.

No, I get her tweets and have seen some blatantly racist ones.

Show me the anti-Semitic tweets

Even im curious

She has deleted them but here is USA Today on the matter
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 989404002/

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 3:48 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Outrage over offending Jews seems to be conditional to which party one is a member of.
Why isn't Ilhan Omar's anti Jewish tweets, while suppressed by Google are widely known.

Aren't Omar's tweets critical of Israeli policy? That isn't necessarily Anti-Semitic. Greene, on the other hand, said something completely idiotic comparing mask wearing - a health measure - to wearing a gold star in order to make Jews singled out at one time. And no, wearing a mask isn't singling out anyone.

Supposing that's correct, how is bringing that up no more than what-about-ism?

What-About-Ism used to be know as precedent

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 3:53 pm

Udinaas wrote:

She's against removing Hitler statues. Looking at her covid comments in light of this and the "Jewish space laser" stuff, it seems that she's a Nazi and that she makes holocaust comparisons because they're offensive to Jews, not because she literally believes the comparisons she's making.

But this guy would be totally cool with the Satan statue?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 4:01 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

Supposing that's correct, how is bringing that up no more than what-about-ism?

What-About-Ism used to be know as precedent

Call it what you will, but it's still what-about-isms.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 4:05 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
salad wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

Even im curious

All I saw was tweets against the Israeli government, and their American support, but nothing outwardly Anti-Semitic. "Benjamins" might be considered a reference to Jews, but it also can mean American money bearing the likeness of Benjamin Franklin.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 4:07 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Udinaas wrote:

But this guy would be totally cool with the Satan statue?

There is one, set up in a park and paid for by the Church Of Satan. Hey, those loons paid for it themselves.

salad
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 4:07 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
salad wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

Even im curious

Look you know me a someone who speaks his mind candidly and doesn't conform to ideological BS. I called out the hypocrisy of banning Trump's twitter a week ago and have said many times the media is too harsh on Trump. I dont even support Ilhan Omar nor did I vote for her despite being from Minnesota

That being said what she said wasn't anti-Semitic. At all. Saying AIPAC controls America is quite frankly a true statement and I can even provide the books and research to substantiate my claim:

"The Israeli Lobby" by Stephan Waltz and John Mearsheimer

"They Dare to Speak Out" by Paul Findley

Master Oogway

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 4:55 pm

Brictoria wrote:
2016 - Media (and certain sections of the population): "Trump is like Hitler and his supporters are like Nazis"
2017 - Media (and certain sections of the population): "Trump is like Hitler and his supporters are like Nazis"
2018 - Media (and certain sections of the population): "Trump is like Hitler and his supporters are like Nazis"
2019 - Media (and certain sections of the population): "Trump is like Hitler and his supporters are like Nazis"
2020 - Media (and certain sections of the population): "Trump is like Hitler and his supporters are like Nazis"
2021 - Media (and certain sections of the population): "Comparisons to the rise of Hitler and the Holocaust are shocking and outrageous and those making them must apologize"

Hardly the same thing.

No one said that "X policy of Trump is like the Holocaust".

Many said "Trump campaigns like Hitler". Which happened to be the truth. Like Hitler Trump was a rabble rouser who made scapegoats of certain groups and who exploited hatred.

But even if the truth that Trump campaigned in a similar style to how Hitler campaigned were an inaccurate piece of hyperbole its not like saying "traffic lights are a fascist plot denying us freedom". What she is saying even worse than that. Its like saying "traffic lights are like the Holocaust" (making you obey a rule may seem like oppression, but its hardly in the same category is murdering six million people).

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 5:14 pm

She is a coarse stupid cow.