Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

HacKING
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 May 2021, 8:37 pm

For me it's gotta be the original Dark Souls, but I would put Sekiro Shadows Die Twice right under it. What's your favorite?

charkie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 May 2021, 12:37 am

Bloodborne = Dark Souls > Sekiro > Demon's Souls > Dark Souls 3 > Dark Souls 2

I might consider swapping Sekiro with Demon's Souls... I'm not sure. Sekiro is out of place because it's a completely different game imo. Bloodborne and Dark Souls are both great but they have different strengths and weaknesses.

Brans117
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Jul 2021, 7:03 pm

Definitely the original dark souls it's timeless.

Dis_Lev21
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Jul 2021, 3:40 pm

When it comes to the soul series, Dark Souls 2 manages to come out on top for me (just barely edging itself past DS1). Despite its flaws, I think DS2 has some of the best level design of the the three.

But while the Souls series and Sekiro are among their most well-known works, FromSoftware has been making games long before Demon's Souls hit the shelves. Like Armored Core (FromSoftware's longest running franchise spanning over fifteen different games), and King's Field (Demon/Dark Souls' spiritual ancestor).

If you get the chance, I recommend checking out this article which lists some of FromSoftware's other games, some of which I'd never even heard of.

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2021, 1:09 pm

Bloodborne > Sekiro > Dark Souls > Dark Souls 3 > Demon's Souls > Dark Souls 2

I love all of them. The top three are very close for me. Comparing Bloodborne and Sekiro to the Souls games also sort of feels like comparing apples and oranges. Or oranges, lemons, and limes, I guess.

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides