New Jersey House Party Mass Shooting

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2021, 5:14 am

2 Killed, 12 Injured After Mass Shooting At House Party In Fairfield Township: New Jersey State Police

Quote:
A massive house party in Cumberland County ended in gunfire overnight leaving at least two people dead and a dozen injured. New Jersey State Police say about 100 to 200 people scattered after shots were fired at a house party on East Commerce Street in Fairfield Township, at around 11:50 p.m. Saturday.

It was reportedly a 90s-themed birthday party.

At least 12 others were injured. One of 12 victims sustained serious injuries and is in critical condition.

Family members and attendees say this 90s-themed birthday party for the nephew of the homeowner with over 100 people turned into a shooting gallery.

“It was carnage, everywhere,” John Fuqua said. “They said the fire was coming from the woods, then when they went to run to their cars, they felt like it was coming that way. This was something set up like they trapped them in that yard.”

A woman who’s a leader in the community says she came to the scene after hearing what happened. She says she’s heartbroken for her community.

“This isn’t the first time. Like we’ve had a lot of violence in our community. A lot of fighting, and we’re working so hard. That’s the saddest thing. We’re making so much progress. We’ve been working so hard to get things turned around. And — so this is definitely a setback,” Founder and CEO of Hopeloft Melissa Helmbrecht said.

The number of shooters and a motive remain under investigation. No arrests have been made.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman