Quit a job that didn't feel very welcoming?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

angelofdarkness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 May 2021, 12:15 pm

I got hired at a pizza place that at first I was excited about cause I could make a little bit of extra income, working two jobs while I decided what I was doing. I was having a hard time however, catching on to some things such as where things go or the proper way to make pizzas and so forth. It didnt help some of the other people that work there would just get annoyed if I did something wrong and correct it or knit pick everything I did. It seemed like I literally wasn't being talked to unless it was to yell at or knit pick something I did. I even went to my car and cried a few times after my shift. I handed in my two weeks yesterday so I think after this all done I'll take some time to get some mental reprieve from the stress the place gave me and get some things done I needed to but didn't have time to like get my car fixed.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2021, 12:20 pm

Someone once said, "Never give up, even if the odds are against you."

I guess that does not apply in your case.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

mohsart
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2021, 2:10 pm

A friend of mine got a job driving a van delivering sofas some 15 years ago.
After a week or two he complained to me that he couldn't do it anymore, his boss was yelling at him every day because he was too slow.
He told me it was impossible to be quicker, it was all due to the traffic.
So I told him that once he got into it, he would learn at what time(s) certain roads or streets were clogged up, and know which alternative routes (albeit slower on paper) would be better choises.
Lo and behold, a month later he was happy with the job and his boss was happy with him.

You too will learn over time, if you can stand it until that happens.

I also think that there is a special "culture" in the restaurant business, a belief that inexperienced staff are supposed to be yelled at, to make them learn faster. Stupid I know.

/Mats

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2021, 2:14 pm

Pizza is just not for you.

Maybe try a bookstore?

angelofdarkness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 May 2021, 2:54 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Pizza is just not for you.

Maybe try a bookstore?

I'm working at a dollar store til I find anything else that may catch my eye til i find something better retail wise or see if I can find a barista job even to give a try. Id even consider house keeping or a factory job

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2021, 8:24 am

Nothing wrong with quitting the job if you can get by with the income from the other one. However, it's better to learn to deal with difficult people in the long run. One day you might end up having to work with difficult people in a place that's your only job, so it won't be that simple to just quit, at least if you're living on your own.