Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 8:35 am

Cornflake wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Cornflake wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Cornflake wrote:
^ Why?

Given the name has received a reasonable amount of media notice recently (going back to 2020), I would have thought you'd have come across it...

To give an update on why his name is becoming more noticed of late:
Quote:
You don’t need a PhD in epidemiology to ask: why wasn’t the possibility of an accidental ‘lab leak’ considered from the start?

The answer, according to many observers, may lie with Dr Peter Daszak, a British zoologist who is also a president of EcoHealth Alliance, a not-for-profit organisation researching emerging infectious diseases, which has received funds from U.S. government bodies.

In February 2020, Daszak organised a letter, co-signed by 26 other leading scientists and published in leading medical journal The Lancet. It declared: ‘We stand together to strongly condemn conspiracy theories suggesting that Covid-19 does not have a natural origin.’

It strongly affirmed that ‘this coronavirus originated in wildlife’ and expressed solidarity with the ‘scientists and health professionals of China’.

It was this authoritative statement that effectively shut down any debate about a ‘lab leak’ theory, even before a global pandemic had been declared by the World Health Organisation.

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9653613/British-doctor-Peter-Daszak-worked-Wuhan-scientists-secret-plan-stop-lab-leak-theory.html

Of course, even a simple Google (or DDG, Bing, etc.) search could have provided the information you were apparently lacking.
One day Brictoria, maybe one day - you'll be able to make a post without it dripping with condescension and snottiness. :roll:

Well, my manner of responce is based on a combination of the respect a person I am responding to has shown they are worthy of (based upon previous treatment\responces received from them, etc.), their expected understanding of the subject matter (for instance whether the same sourced fact had been provided to them and subsequently ignored on multiple occasions), plus other miscellaneous factors. For example, there is one a couple of pages back in this thread which appears to be of the type you were desiring to see - https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=397239&p=8797633#p8797633 - I'm surprised you were not aware of it.

Cornflake wrote:
But I wasn't asking you.

Given the open-ended nature of the question (it consisted of a single word) and an indication (through the use of the "circumflex" character) that it was directed at the content of the previous post, but with no indciation it was addressed to a specific group\person, there was nothing to suggest only a select few were permitted to respond (or, that in fact, you aren't desiring to restrict certain people/groups from doing so) - It may be worth taking several minutes to make your intentions behind such questions less ambiguous in future, rather than just throwing out one word responces such as contained within the post under discussion, to ensure others can provide a responce that meets your specific demands. :roll:

I asked "why", you responded with "what". Any damn fool can use a browser, as has been proven.

Using "^" immediately following a post is an indication that the response (and BTW, it's response, not "responce" - I'm surprised you don't know that) accompanying it is directed at the person who made said indicated post, in reference to their post's content.

But to explain it in more detail for you (it's odd that others don't seem to require this) - Pepe posted the text "Never forget this name: PETER DASZAK" and below it, clearly pointing to his post, I asked "Why?".
Steping down to the cellular level - I asked Pepe why he instructed everyone reading his post to never forget the name Peter Daszak, hoping to see his reasoning behind it, how he arrived at a decision strong enough to insist that his instruction is in any way meaningful.
What I got instead was you doing what you do most: picking apart posts and making condescending assumptions and pronouncements.

I'm surprised that for someone with your forensic attention to detail, even to the mundane if it means adding more words, you weren't able to work out the association between my post and that preceding it.
But of course you did understand the association, as stated - and it's used as another excuse for more condescending prattle.

Well done you. :roll:

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

09 Jun 2021, 8:38 am

^ :lol:
That is, I'm chucking at the video you posted above.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 8:42 am

Mr Fauci's emails, particulalry those with Mr Zuckerberg, have interesting potential ramifications...Whether they meet the required threshold, though, is the important question...

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 8:15 pm

Brictoria wrote:
Mr Fauci's emails, particulalry those with Mr Zuckerberg, have interesting potential ramifications...Whether they meet the required threshold, though, is the important question...

Quote:
Does section 230 protect ISPs?
Enter Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act (CDA, 47 U.S.C. § 230), which provide protections for ISPs. Section 230 protects ISP from liability form lawsuits that may arise when third-party users post material to a platform. This, however, is not an absolute protection.

-"Everybody know what everybody is talking about".

Quote:
What is FOIA 4 exemption?
Exemption 4 of the FOIA protects "trade secrets and commercial or financial information obtained from a person [that is] privileged or confidential." (1) This exemption is intended to protect the interests of both the government and submitters of information.

-"Let's talk live." Code for: "Let's not have a written correspondence."

-Facebook censorship of any suggestion the coronavirus was potentially manmade.

-Is Facebook now a "Government Actor", and if so, should it lose any form of protection from section 230?" [paraphrase]

:mrgreen:

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 8:55 pm

Pepe wrote:
Brictoria wrote:

Quote:
Does section 230 protect ISPs?
Enter Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act (CDA, 47 U.S.C. § 230), which provide protections for ISPs. Section 230 protects ISP from liability form lawsuits that may arise when third-party users post material to a platform. This, however, is not an absolute protection.

-"Everybody know what everybody is talking about".

Quote:
What is FOIA 4 exemption?
Exemption 4 of the FOIA protects "trade secrets and commercial or financial information obtained from a person [that is] privileged or confidential." (1) This exemption is intended to protect the interests of both the government and submitters of information.

-"Let's talk live." Code for: "Let's not have a written correspondence."

-Facebook censorship of any suggestion the coronavirus was potentially manmade.

-Is Facebook now a "Government Actor", and if so, should it lose any form of protection from section 230?" [paraphrase]

:mrgreen:

Given the case listed in the video, where the 4 dissenting (liberal) justices wrote an opinion indicating actions such as Facebook appears to have taken would make if a "government actor", and Justice Thomas's (not a liberal) dissent in another case around section 230, were a case around this to get to SCOTUS, the potential for a majority finding that Facebook was indeed a government actor does exist.

There is also the suggestion I've seen elsewhere that as a result of their size, "social" media sites such as Facebook are approaching a level of "de facto town square", which could also have an effect on their ability to restrict users\speech on their platforms..

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2021, 12:26 pm

The_Znof wrote:

Maybe this will cheer you up...
Study shows hydroxychloroquine and zinc treatments increased coronavirus survival rate by almost three times
Quote:
A new study shows that the controversial drug hydroxychloroquine touted by former President Donald Trump increased the survival rate of severely ill coronavirus patients.

The observational study, published by medRxiv, found that antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine, along with zinc, could increase the coronavirus survival rate by as much as nearly 200% if distributed at higher doses to ventilated patients with a severe version of the illness.

“We found that when the cumulative doses of two drugs, HCQ and AZM, were above a certain level, patients had a survival rate 2.9 times the other patients,” the study’s conclusion states.

The study adds, “By using causal analysis and considering of weight-adjusted cumulative dose, we prove the combined therapy, >3 g HCQ and > 1g AZM greatly increases survival in Covid patients on IMV and that HCQ cumulative dose > 80 mg/kg works substantially better. These data do not yet apply to hospitalized patients not on IMV. Since those with higher doses of HCQ had higher doses of AZM, we cannot solely attribute the causal effect to HCQ/AZM combination therapy. However, it is likely AZM does contribute significantly to this increase in survival rate. Since higher dose HCQ/AZM therapy improves survival by nearly 200% in this population, the safety data are moot.”

The study was conducted by Saint Barnabas Medical Center in New Jersey on 255 patients.
<...>
Several other studies released since last year have come to the same conclusion that hydroxychloroquine can be effective in certain situations against the coronavirus, including a December study from the International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents showing 84% fewer hospitalizations among patients treated with the drug.

Another study, conducted by Hackensack Meridian Health, found encouraging results in patients with mild symptoms who were treated with the drug.

Source: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/study-hydroxychloroquine-increase-survival-rate-200-percent

If true, one wonders how many needless deaths those who fought against this treatment option (purely because of the person who publicised\suggested it) are responsible for...

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2021, 5:02 pm

Brictoria wrote:
Study shows hydroxychloroquine and zinc treatments increased coronavirus survival rate by almost three times
Quote:
A new study shows that the controversial drug hydroxychloroquine touted by former President Donald Trump increased the survival rate of severely ill coronavirus patients.

That can't be right. :scratch:
If Trump said it, it *must* be wrong. [mischievous] :mrgreen:

Hyperpartisanship. :eew:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2021, 5:09 pm

0:00 Intro
2:20 Starting His Video
3:48 FACT CHECK MOMENT: Gain of Function
7:55 So What Actually Happened w/ Gain of Function Research
9:42 What is the Narrative Right Leaning People are Pushing?
12:15 Virus from a Lab?
14:20 Hey Jimmy
16:40 Grant That Skipped Ethics Review Board?
21:43 “I’ve NEVER Seen it This Far Right”
24:29 “WHY AM I TAKING THIS SERIOUSLY?”
26:56 Why This is a Conspiracy
29:18 More Articles To Go Over
31:46 “This is How People Lie to You!”
35:01 YES! It Came From The Bats!
37:20 Wuhan
39:08 It’s Freaking Bats
42:00 Article from 2015 & China Refusing to Release Numbers
46:00 “I actually think there could have been a lab leak.”
49:12 Wrapping Up

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Soliloquist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Jun 2021, 5:14 pm

Brictoria wrote:
If true, one wonders how many needless deaths those who fought against this treatment option (purely because of the person who publicised\suggested it) are responsible for...

Dr Peter McCullough Interview 5/19/2021

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2021, 6:54 pm

Pepe wrote:

That can't be right. :scratch:
If Trump said it, it *must* be wrong. [mischievous] :mrgreen:

Hyperpartisanship. :eew:

I think Trumpy was in on it,
"almost like a cleaning"

I like to attribute things to malice, it makes for a more interesting gestalt. :twisted:

besides, it does make sense if you really think about it. :mrgreen:

Brictoria wrote:

Good to see, but I think this may be far more damning- its from (SARS-CoV). 2005 and never mentioned, I never ran across it till recently..

Quote:
Conclusion

Chloroquine is effective in preventing the spread of SARS CoV in cell culture. Favorable inhibition of virus spread was observed when the cells were either treated with chloroquine prior to or after SARS CoV infection. In addition, the indirect immunofluorescence assay described herein represents a simple and rapid method for screening SARS-CoV antiviral compounds.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1232869/

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 6:27 pm

Quote:
Leaders pressed on lab leak theory for COVID-19 origins
14/06/2021|5min

Prime Minister Scott Morrison, UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson and US President Joe Biden have all been asked about the possibility COVID-19 leaked from a lab in China during various press conferences connected to the G7 summit.

Mr Morrison said he did not know whether the virus leaked from a lab or came from natural causes, but he is still backing another inquiry into its origins, according to Sky News Political Editor Andrew Clennell.

“Now Boris Johnson … he said that he doesn’t think that it was leaked from the lab, he thinks it’s more a zoonotic source, but he says he can’t say for sure. Joe Biden a lot more equivocal on it,” Mr Clennell said.

US President Joe Biden pointed out “we haven’t had access to the laboratories” and said he had not reached a conclusion because he was waiting for the findings of the intelligence community.

“I think China has to start to act more responsibly in terms of international norms on human rights and transparency. Transparency matters across the board,” he said.

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_625 ... yNewscomau

Notice how Joe Biden says "China", and not the ccp.
"China" can be validly used in conversations, according to the Democrats. 8)

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 6:49 pm

Pepe wrote:
Quote:
14/06/2021|5min

Prime Minister Scott Morrison, UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson and US President Joe Biden have all been asked about the possibility COVID-19 leaked from a lab in China during various press conferences connected to the G7 summit.

Mr Morrison said he did not know whether the virus leaked from a lab or came from natural causes, but he is still backing another inquiry into its origins, according to Sky News Political Editor Andrew Clennell.

“Now Boris Johnson … he said that he doesn’t think that it was leaked from the lab, he thinks it’s more a zoonotic source, but he says he can’t say for sure. Joe Biden a lot more equivocal on it,” Mr Clennell said.

US President Joe Biden pointed out “we haven’t had access to the laboratories” and said he had not reached a conclusion because he was waiting for the findings of the intelligence community.

“I think China has to start to act more responsibly in terms of international norms on human rights and transparency. Transparency matters across the board,” he said.

It's only apparently racist to link China to the disease, too - For some reason, labeling the strains with the names of countries seemingly isn't racist, though, as there were no issues with naming these:
UK Strain
South African Strain
Brazilian Strain
Russian Strain
Source: https://www.9news.com.au/national/coronavirus-variants-explainer-everything-to-know-covid19-mutations-strains-south-africa-uk-brazil/a772e1a9-abed-4d9a-87b5-6c29b3ea7bb9

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 6:59 pm

Brictoria wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Quote:
14/06/2021|5min

It's only apparently racist to link China to the disease, too - For some reason, labeling the strains with the names of countries seemingly isn't racist, though, as there were no issues with naming these:
UK Strain
South African Strain
Brazilian Strain
Russian Strain
Source: https://www.9news.com.au/national/coronavirus-variants-explainer-everything-to-know-covid19-mutations-strains-south-africa-uk-brazil/a772e1a9-abed-4d9a-87b5-6c29b3ea7bb9

8)

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

15 Jun 2021, 4:57 pm

Brictoria wrote:
UK Strain
South African Strain
Brazilian Strain
Russian Strain
Old news, I'm afraid. But then again, that article is dated Mar 4, 2021 so it's hardly current.
The Greek alphabet is being used instead: https://www.who.int/en/activities/track ... -variants/

Sorry the little spite-fest didn't work out but I'm sure that between you, you'll find something to pin on the WHO. :wink:

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2021, 11:47 pm

Cornflake wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
UK Strain
South African Strain
Brazilian Strain
Russian Strain
Old news, I'm afraid. But then again, that article is dated Mar 4, 2021 so it's hardly current.
The Greek alphabet is being used instead: https://www.who.int/en/activities/track ... -variants/

Sorry the little spite-fest didn't work out but I'm sure that between you, you'll find something to pin on the WHO. :wink:

The point was that (as you so thoughtfully noted) 12 months after claiming referring to the virus based on it's source was racist, variants were still being labelled based upon country of origin: Either it was racist to begin with (and so those who used national source for variants were at least as racist as anyone referring to it as a Chinese virus), or it was never racist, with the "racist" claim merely being used as a political weapon...

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

16 Jun 2021, 9:02 am

The issue with referring to it as the "China Virus" was the other baggage Trump threw around with it: the wretched "Kung Flu", his hatred, uh sorry - apparent strong dislike - of China/the Chinese and his general disdain and disbelief that it was anything serious - and if so - well, it's just China's problem. That's why it was accused of being a racist term.
Life wasn't made any easier for anyone in the US looking vaguely oriental around the time of his well-publicised bile; there's only one reason for that and it's orange. IIRC I've not seen anything similar with any of the other "racist" names for later variants.