Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

usagibryan
Toucan
Toucan

25 May 2021, 9:05 am

Who has seen this show? I finished the first (and only season currently) and thought it was amazing. I'm thinking of continuing with the comics. I know comic book genre subversion is all the rage but I like the way this story did it.

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2021, 11:58 am

I found this video interesting considering that I myself have grown bored of twist villains. Maybe this show can restore hope that it can be done right.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

usagibryan
Toucan
Toucan

25 May 2021, 2:29 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
I found this video interesting considering that I myself have grown bored of twist villains. Maybe this show can restore hope that it can be done right.

I like the thesis behind this video, establishing twist villains early on and giving us time with them, I think this show did it very well, unfortunately I was spoiled by the reveal scene in the last episode before I even started watching the show (I first learned about it through the meme) so I'll never know what it was like to see the show unspoiled. Even knowing the final reveal I still enjoyed the show and was on the edge of my seat through most of it.

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2021, 10:41 pm

Loved it!

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?