Does getting drunk make you interesting to other people ?

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2021, 6:10 am

It's contradictory really. Most NTs are afraid of people that are unpredictable, strange, selfish, aggressive, creepy, overpowering, socially unskilled, unempathetic, and anything else you can think of. But consuming toxic liquids that can make people all those things is perfectly socially acceptable and considered ''cool'' and ''conformist''.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2021, 8:24 am

You can't measure what is interesting

"Interesting" is not always a good thing

Not everyone reacts to alcohol the same way

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2021, 8:37 am

For me, one drink will help to take the edge off of stark social terror. It will relax me enough that I can actually speak instead of being mute. I'm sure I'm more interesting when I speak even a little, compared to being silent like a lump of clay or stressed out in survival mode. That being said I don't want to rely on it as a social lubricant, and I wouldn't want to get drunk. I don't really like social gatherings so it's easier for me to stay home. Then I don't need a drink at all.

The worst is if I'm not drinking and someone else is drunk. It triggers me to some abusive situations from my childhood. I try to avoid those situations as much as possible for my own mental health.

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2021, 3:42 pm

it depends what people

I drank and smoked drugs nonstop when i was in my 20s and i may have been worshipped by about 100 people(mostly guys)) but it was for all the wrong reasons and they werent really true friends or boyfriends they just wanted me to be drunk and drugged up for their own benefit
if i didnt drink or do drugs then i would of never been involved with any of them but not much loss

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2021, 9:40 am

Maybe...in the sense that car crashes are interesting.

Cuppacoffee
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Jun 2021, 4:19 pm

I do enjoy a drink :D , but it does not make me interesting. It does not increase my general knowledge, or enlighten me on current affairs, what's on TV, or whatever else people might be speaking about.

It makes me feel more sociable though, so I might venture to start / join a conversation where otherwise I probably wouldn't.