Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2021, 1:31 pm

Due to personal reasons both financial and for the sake of my sanity, I can only work 10 to 12 hours a week. Does anyone know of any kinds of jobs that are low-stress and are part time? I’ve thought about a library or cashier job. I can’t drive and would have to work when I have my transportation.

Note: I will be able to pay rent because of Section 8 and have a wonderful family and support network that know me very well. I just want a little extra cash to have on hand.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2021, 8:55 pm

Oh golly, there must be many jobs that meet that description. How have you been looking?

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2021, 8:58 pm

BeaArthur wrote:
Oh golly, there must be many jobs that meet that description. How have you been looking?

Lately I’ve been looking online at job websites.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2021, 10:13 am

Well, since these are not considered "real" jobs (career, full-time etc) they might not even be listed there. See what you can find at Craigslist and your state's department of labor. But you might also go to the website of local employers, say a public library or a small accounting company, to see if they have a section marked "jobs." Sometimes churches need someone to type up their newsletter or website content, and that's usually part-time. Also use word of mouth - let all your local contacts know you want a part-time thing. Oh and Facebook and Nextdoor apps, small employers (housekeeping perhaps) may post something in their marketplace section.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2021, 1:16 pm

Cashier jobs seem pretty stressful to me. Especially for autistics. Constantly trying to have a conversation. Standing in one spot all day long. Bathroom.

I work as a Lot Attendant (shopping cart pusher) and the social interaction much less and easier than cashier

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 5:19 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
Cashier jobs seem pretty stressful to me. Especially for autistics. Constantly trying to have a conversation. Standing in one spot all day long. Bathroom.

I work as a Lot Attendant (shopping cart pusher) and the social interaction much less and easier than cashier

I was thinking about this the other day. A cashier might be a little too much for me to handle. I could handle a lot attendant job.