Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2021, 2:44 pm

In the last 2+ years I have burned my mouth/tongue or bit the same more than I have ever in my life. I feel like this must be a sensory issue of some type. But maybe the community knows different. Is this a sensory issue?

Last year I discovered that I was in an extreme autistic burnout. After my head recently cleared from the brain fog it induced. I realized that I had been in autistic burnout for 2+ years.

Currently I am left with 2 sensory issues. Lights are always way too bright. Worse than usual. The 2nd issue is my skin/touch. It feels over stimulated? It is hard to explain. But clothing issues that would normally bother me, bother me even more now due to this issue.

I am not sure what to do to alleviate these issues. I am not certain if they are caused by the "normal" anxiety brought on by the pandemic. But that is what I suspect is happening.

Aspie With Attitude
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Jun 2021, 5:33 am

I had discussed in this video upload from other a month ago about my "Tactile Stimuli" and openly explained my sesory challenges I face with clothing and how I live my life wearing tracksuits.

I also make fantasy test card animation and mix my own music.

Please follow this link to subscribe to my YouTube Channel "Aspie With Attitude" --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL2iDI ... Hb4eeYlodQ

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2021, 6:15 am

I found that one is much more vunerable to things when one has had a burnout. Things which were not so much of an issue before where one did not notice so much, suddenly become an issue.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2021, 11:46 am

When I'm in a burnout my autistic symptoms get "worse", which includes my sensory issues.

I have very poor interoception already and don't feel the differences between temperatures that well, and being in burnout certainly doesn't help that. I get burned a lot either by hot food, or things I'll hold that I don't register being as hot as they are.

I also have more issues with clothing since I've been in burnout, so the types if clothing I can wear are a lot more restricted than usual.

Lights bother me probably just as much as they did before, but I already am really light sensitive.