They purposely took the fun away from "To catch a Predator"

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2021, 11:43 pm

I noticed that in most of "To Catch a Predator" episodes they are trying to make sure that predators don't run into each other. Why?! I think it would be the most fun if they DO meet each other. There was ONE episode where they actually DID meet: Chris Hansen actually told them "I want you to meet each other". That was so great. I don't get why they are going out of their way to prevent it all those other times.

Also, the part with the decoy seems to be way too short. I thought the whole point was to see whether or not the predator would try to make a move on a decoy. In the majority of cases they aren't given enough time to even try. I am not saying the decoy should allow them to do it. Of course not: the decoy is a real person, and you don't want the real person to be sexually abused. But the question is: why not give them more time to see if they will TRY (after all the decoy knows how to protect herself as evident from the fact that none of them got molested in any of those videos).

It would also be fun to see what happens if the decoy DOES come back like she says she would, and joins with Chris Hansen to a nice three-person conversation (or more than three person if there is more than one predator -- see above).

And, finally, I don't understand why Chris Hansen always follows the script. When he is asked "who are you" he would say "I will get to that in a minute". And when he DOES finally get to "who are you", the cameras always come out and he always tells the predator that if he has anything else to say he can say it or else he is free to leave. Now I understand that this might be suitable for SOME cases, but not all. Sometimes it is fun to watch them in suspense, yes. But other times it might be interesting to actually tell them who he is and see how they will respond. Also, why does he have to tell them that they are free to leave the moment he tells them who he is? Why doesn't he want them to stay around longer to see how they will react?