Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

What would you make of it?
Real Facts learns all those stories through people emailing them 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Everyone knows lots of such stories. Real Facts just chooses to share them 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
Real facts takes some real events and adds a bunch of made up stuff on top 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Real facts makes up the whole thing 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2021, 11:33 am

I ran into a few videos where the woman was telling a story about truly unusual and truly amaizing things. Such as a rich woman finding true love with a begger, or a rude customer leaving a fortune as a will towards the waitress, etc. When I heard the first video, I assumed it was true, and was truly moved by it. Then there were few other ones that I similarly assumed were true and quite moving. But then I noticed that every one of them has the female story-teller speaking in the same voice, the same intonations and the same style. And then I thought "wait a second, is it the same person? If so, that is a bit hard to believe that all of those stories were all heard by the same person, as opposed to that person just making it all up". Then I looked up at the author of the video. And sure enough, they were all labeled as "real facts" which means they all come from the same source (see here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV_1b- ... -nZIItwi5Q ) . So what would you make of it?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2021, 11:38 am

QFT wrote:
... that is a bit hard to believe that all of those stories were all heard by the same person...
Do reporters write only one story and then retire?  Do editors edit only one book and then take up flower arranging?  Do historians study only one historical even and no other?

It is perfectly reasonable that one person should have heard many, many stories, especially if they have lived a long time, read many books, visited many places, and spoken to many people.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2021, 11:44 am

Fnord wrote:
Do reporters write only one story and then retire?  Do editors edit only one book and then take up flower arranging? 

Reporters and editors have people sending them info. Thats why I had one of the poll options where I asked if there are people emailing this woman with those stories.

Fnord wrote:
Do historians study only one historical even and no other?

Historians are learning about those events by going to university. But university won't teach a small scale things like this woman was describing. So where did she take this information from?

Fnord wrote:
It is perfectly reasonable that one person should have heard many, many stories, especially if they have lived a long time, read many books, visited many places, and spoken to many people.

She didn't live a "long life" since her voice is quite young. I am 41 and I haven't ran into anything of a similar magnitude that she is describing.

Granted, my life is rather isolated. Thats why I had another poll option where I asked if other people my age all have lots of stories similar to her, and she is just the only one choosing to share them.