Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2021, 7:44 pm

Following revelations that point to Coronavirus leaking out of a Wuhan lab America especially the “conservative” part is in a weird combination of panic of China as existential threat and full “We told you so” now libs grovel at our feet and apologize mode.

Just a few years back China was viewed as a serious economic competitor but not an evil existential threat. Then came “Russiagate”. The Trump administration as a apparent deflection stated it is China interfering in the election process and cheating on deals. These were buried under other news of the day. When COVID hit and the it escaped from the Wuhan Lab emerged in Trumpian circles. Unlike past allegations against China this allegation gained agency in Trump’s base. Now it has a life of its own and who knows where it will lead.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2021, 8:08 pm

It Takes A Nation Of 1.4 Billion To Hold Us Back

That's all the Public Enemy related puns I've got to contribute.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2021, 8:29 pm

Well, yes, that's what happens to competition: it turns into an enemy which must be erased at all costs.
At 1.4 billion citizens, it's bound to supersede the US in GDP and economic clout. That's a problem for the current hegemon.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2021, 9:05 pm

Time to take those Chinese bastards to court and SUE THEIR ASS OFF!