Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

KittyDik
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 May 2021, 3:38 pm

[i]So, I have a busy work from home weekday. I am having none of the "stressful" thoughts as of lately. But at the end of my work day, I cry. Out of nowhere I cry and wouldn't stop for half an hour. I even tried to introspect what's making me sad, but couldn't find anything inside me. Checked google, but google has a habit of getting to the final conclusion.

But I definitely have a heavy heart. What could it be. Can someone share their opinions?

NeilM
Toucan
Toucan

31 May 2021, 12:21 pm

Low blood sugar/hypoglycemia, perhaps? Having a busy day working from home, do you eat anything along? If so, is it sugar laden? Low blood sugar is what it turned out to be when similar happened to me. I'm here if you have questions.

AQ = 38 MBTI = ISTJ Gender = Non-binary
I strive not to perseverate. You can PM me for more info.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2021, 1:47 pm

Stress unload....

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

04 Jun 2021, 1:53 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
Stress unload....
I was gonna suggest stress as a possibility. Perhaps the pandemic & other various world affairs are causing distress. More than a small amount of us are feeling it these days including me. Another possibility that is much more extreme & less likely is that the OP has some kinda emotional disorder like depression or bipolar. When I was going though a psychotic depression I would have very rapid mood swings. I would feel good during the day & then at night I would have a bad crying spell & feel like total cr@p & wanted to die.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2021, 1:15 pm

I've been a successfully medicated depressive for many years. But I remember at times in my 20s and early 30s, sometimes I would just have a wave of sadness wash over me, with no identifiable precipitant. Like - where did THAT come from?

Then after I got put on a tricycle antidepressant, I remember being in the swimming pool at a health club and finding I just could keep going without any effort! Whereas before, I kept coaching myself "just one more lap" now I could just zip on through my routine. It also took away those random waves of sadness.

So in answer to the OP, you might do better on antidepressants. Have you looked into them? If you already take one, is it possible that it's no longer effective for you?