Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2021, 4:17 pm

Cornell didn't hire me, and the Federal position! Ha! They last talked to me a week ago saying they'd get back to me this week after checking my references...... Not one word from them and I emailed my references and they never got contacted!

Now what......

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2021, 4:29 pm

It does not seem a good sign but you never know. Things may change. It could be they are having to make a difficult choice between you and another person and they may have to have another meeting to decide?

It is not esy employing people as it takes a lot of mking difficult decisions. One wants to hire everyone but one can't.

It is not a no so have patience. :) It might be a yes!

Last edited by Mountain Goat on 28 May 2021, 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2021, 4:30 pm

Sorry to hear, Ang. One door closes, another one opens. Hang in there. There are so many people around right now, seeking to change careers, or looking for work as the world begins to slowly open up again. People are re-assessing their lives, their priorities. I hope you find a job you enjoy soon, one that challenges you and makes good use of your already vast skills & knowledge of birds.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2021, 4:37 pm

It's to your credit that you are continuing to make an effort to get a job or a place in a graduate program.

I wouldn't give up, if I were you.

I must say you're probably more persistent than I probably would be. I sometimes give up too easily.

Gentleman Argentum
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2021, 6:53 pm

Angnix wrote:
Cornell didn't hire me, and the Federal position! Ha! They last talked to me a week ago saying they'd get back to me this week after checking my references...... Not one word from them and I emailed my references and they never got contacted!

Now what......

It is a lot of work trying to find a job, best scenario is to figure out why you're the perfect match for a position and then make that case in a letter.

I myself got a job through a friend of a friend, and frankly that is the only way I know to get the really plum jobs, the only jobs that aren't earmarked for a buddy, are the crap jobs with high turnover, like working for the Post Office.

idntonkw
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Jun 2021, 11:15 pm

Angnix wrote:

Now what......

you can call after 1-2 weeks or email to check on the status of your application and re-affirm your interest in the position.

you can keep applying to other jobs and telling people you are looking for a job

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2021, 6:11 pm

Federal told me a couple days ago they went with other candidates...

Sigh...

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

idntonkw
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Jun 2021, 10:37 pm

Angnix wrote:
Federal told me a couple days ago they went with other candidates...

Sigh...

Do you have a Work Search Log Spreadsheet? - https://www.mass.gov/doc/work-search-ac ... 0/download

please keep track of companies you applied with a job search log spreadsheet. this will improve your job search.