The fat acceptance movement is stupid and regression

Page 9 of 11 [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2021, 11:17 pm

ironpony wrote:
Well as far as acceptance goes, I started going out with this woman who is overweight, and I think she's really cool, but and I like her but I can't help but think that my friends and family think it's weird that I would pick her, because I feel they are judging her by her weight. Does anyone else feel this way in similar situations?

When I was younger I rejected girls who didn't meet my standards. I look back now and think I was quite naive and influenced by the media and by social norms around beauty standards.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2021, 11:49 pm

Oh yeah. I find myself doing the opposite because before in another thread, I talked about have ED problems, but I was advised to go for more attractive women to see if that would help. One of the last women I slept with, I had no problem with the ED at all, but she was 5 or more times hotter than most women I have been with. So I think that was the case.

But is that the reason why some guys have higher standards is to not have ED, and therefore the acceptance movement is harder therefore, at least in that area for some?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2021, 1:36 am

ironpony wrote:
Oh yeah. I find myself doing the opposite because before in another thread, I talked about have ED problems, but I was advised to go for more attractive women to see if that would help. One of the last women I slept with, I had no problem with the ED at all, but she was 5 or more times hotter than most women I have been with. So I think that was the case.

But is that the reason why some guys have higher standards is to not have ED, and therefore the acceptance movement is harder therefore, at least in that area for some?

You move in the arts/cinema circles where the NT girls are actually not just attractive but pretty cool and broad minded. When I worked as a microbiologist the NT girls I came across were all "sciency" chicks who weren't all that great in the looks department and stuck-up. They weren't my cup of tea.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2021, 2:21 am

So you are saying I have options of goodlooking women in my field? Usually they are picky about dating though, as the goodlooking ones seem to have high standards.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2021, 6:22 am

ironpony wrote:
So you are saying I have options of goodlooking women in my field? Usually they are picky about dating though, as the goodlooking ones seem to have high standards.

Depends what you want. Maybe aim for a middle of the road girl in looks to increase the odds.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2021, 6:31 am

Middle of the road is quite all right with me.

Sometimes, I find supposedly “average” women more attractive than model types.

The female anatomy can be quite interesting.

ArtsyFarsty
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Jun 2021, 8:02 am

cyberdad wrote:

When I was younger I rejected girls who didn't meet my standards. I look back now and think I was quite naive and influenced by the media and by social norms around beauty standards.

:lol: The man who would become my husband first rejected me because I did not meet his beauty standards (he preferred tall, curvy, brunettes). Five years later he came to his senses (or perhaps lowered his standards...) and was swept away by my charms.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2021, 9:01 am

He came to his senses, I’m sure :)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2021, 5:03 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Yes I have spent many years researching it :wink:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2021, 5:05 pm

ArtsyFarsty wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

:lol: The man who would become my husband first rejected me because I did not meet his beauty standards (he preferred tall, curvy, brunettes). Five years later he came to his senses (or perhaps lowered his standards...) and was swept away by my charms.

:D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2021, 6:02 pm

ArtsyFarsty wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

the former.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2021, 12:34 am

Well I can see why the overweight making people look younger can have it's advantages. I met my friends new gf this week, and she is really skinny, but she looks like she could be 20 years older than him as a result. Unless maybe she is and it would have to be more than the skinnyness.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2021, 2:27 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Middle of the road is quite all right with me.

Sometimes, I find supposedly “average” women more attractive than model types.

I can do that, but since I was having problems with ED before, and yet didn't have any problems when it comes a more attractive hotter woman, could middle of the road be a problem for me therefore?

BarbM
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Aug 2021, 7:51 pm

Back in the late '60s, I was 14 years old, wore a size 14 dress, and was considered average. These days, size 14 is considered "plus-size."

"Plus" what? Although my figure is a little different due to childbirth and age, I still wear the same size. I am careful about what I eat, but I don't stress about a restaurant meal (I take half of it home with me anyway).

I guess because my ribs and hip bones don't stick out like a model, I'm considered "fat." My doctor disagrees, and I'm quite comfortable in my day-to-day life, which includes walking at least two miles a day (I'm 66 years old).

How did things get this crazy??

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2021, 8:13 pm

BarbM wrote:
Back in the late '60s, I was

Is there any chance that could be the effect of vanity sizing?

BarbM
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Aug 2021, 8:50 pm

Nah ... I have kids your age, and I also have clothes your age and they still fit me.