Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 12:03 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
‘QAnon Shaman’ Jacob Chansley being moved to federal prison for mental evaluation

Quote:
Accused Capitol rioter Jacob Chansley – aka the Qanon Shaman – is being moved from jail to a federal prison this week for a psychological evaluation, NBC has reported.

Mr Chansley, who infamously wandered the halls of the United States Capitol in face-paint and an animal headdress, was arrested in January on six federal charges, including violent entry and disorderly conduct. He has pleaded not guilty.

He is currently being held at the Alexandria Detention Center in Virginia, but the Justice Department has ordered him transferred to a federal prison in Colorado for a “forensic evaluation,” according to NBC’s Scott MacFarlane. He is expected to leave later this week.

Albert Watkins, Mr Chansley’s lawyer, has repeatedly used mental health arguments to defend his client. He has said Mr Chansley is autistic, and that he believed he was obeying former president Donald Trump’s orders when he entered the Capitol.

He also maintains that throughout the riot, Mr Chansley’s actions were peaceful.

“He was not violent. He did not assault. He did not steal or destroy while he was in the Capitol,” Mr Watkins told Reuters.

Last month, US District Judge Royce Lamberth ordered that a “psychological examination be conducted” on Mr Chansley, and that he be moved to a “suitable facility for a competency examination.”

If Mr Chansley’s lawyers can prove that he is not mentally competent, they may save him from serving a lengthy prison sentence, but he would likely be treated at a hospital within a federal prison.

Autism defense, again???

It's not much of a defence, especially if it just means that his cell has padding.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 1:37 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
‘QAnon Shaman’ Jacob Chansley being moved to federal prison for mental evaluation

Quote:
Accused Capitol rioter Jacob Chansley – aka the Qanon Shaman – is being moved from jail to a federal prison this week for a psychological evaluation, NBC has reported.

Mr Chansley, who infamously wandered the halls of the United States Capitol in face-paint and an animal headdress, was arrested in January on six federal charges, including violent entry and disorderly conduct. He has pleaded not guilty.

He is currently being held at the Alexandria Detention Center in Virginia, but the Justice Department has ordered him transferred to a federal prison in Colorado for a “forensic evaluation,” according to NBC’s Scott MacFarlane. He is expected to leave later this week.

Albert Watkins, Mr Chansley’s lawyer, has repeatedly used mental health arguments to defend his client. He has said Mr Chansley is autistic, and that he believed he was obeying former president Donald Trump’s orders when he entered the Capitol.

He also maintains that throughout the riot, Mr Chansley’s actions were peaceful.

“He was not violent. He did not assault. He did not steal or destroy while he was in the Capitol,” Mr Watkins told Reuters.

Last month, US District Judge Royce Lamberth ordered that a “psychological examination be conducted” on Mr Chansley, and that he be moved to a “suitable facility for a competency examination.”

If Mr Chansley’s lawyers can prove that he is not mentally competent, they may save him from serving a lengthy prison sentence, but he would likely be treated at a hospital within a federal prison.

Autism defense, again???

It's not much of a defence, especially if it just means that his cell has padding.

Of course it isn't much of a defense, but it feeds into the mindset that we on the spectrum are potentially dangerous.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 8:12 am

'Q' Hasn't Posted In Six Months -- But Some QAnon Followers Still Keep The Faith.  Key facts include:

• QAnon followers have anxiously awaited clues from Q -- known as "Q drops" -- since the self-described "government insider" first began posting on 4chan in 2017.

• Between 2017 and 2020, Q posted nearly 5,000 cryptic messages.

• Q's last post came on December 8, about one month before the Capitol coup attempt, which consisted of a link to a pro-Trump YouTube video (since deleted).

• Previously, the longest Q was silent was about three months in 2019 -- when 4chan's successor, 8chan, went offline -- leading researchers to believe that December 8 was the final Q post.

• Some Q adherents have kept the theory alive by continuing to scour old posts for new "clues", and creating new spin-offs of the conspiracy theory.

• Others believe Q will come back online, and continue to propose new dates for the coming of the "storm", the so-called day when former President Donald Trump is supposed to take down an alleged global Satanic child-sex trafficking ring run by Democrats and Hollywood actors.

• The core prophecy of the Q movement is now Trump being restored to office, and Q offered up a picture of Trump as being incapable of losing -- which doesn't square well with the current situation.

Source:
 This Forbes Article 

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Last edited by Fnord on 09 Jun 2021, 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 8:44 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Of course it isn't much of a defense, but it feeds into the mindset that we on the spectrum are potentially dangerous.

the goddamn spectrum huh? I'm getting the short bus blues.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 10:26 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

Anyone can be potentially dangerous.

I fail to see how conceding that ASD might be relevant to his behaviour feeds into the idea that people on the spectrum have a greater than average potential to be dangerous.

Folks who are hostile towards him don't get to invalidate his diagnosis just because they don't wish to be lumped in with him or with other 'bad people' with ASD. Not being accepted by other people with ASD isn't relevant to whether or not one has it or if it should be considered as relevant when determining how much responsibility one has for their actions.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 3:26 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I fail to see how conceding that ASD might be relevant to his behaviour feeds into the idea that people on the spectrum have a greater than average potential to be dangerous.

Folks who are hostile towards him don't get to invalidate his diagnosis just because they don't wish to be lumped in with him or with other 'bad people' with ASD. Not being accepted by other people with ASD isn't relevant to whether or not one has it or if it should be considered as relevant when determining how much responsibility one has for their actions.

I'm talking about how his lawyer trying to justify the Shaman's actions because he's on the spectrum. That feeds into the people who think we're all potential school shooters. I personally don't question this horned headed nutcase' diagnosis.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 3:29 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I'm talking about how his lawyer trying to justify the Shaman's actions because he's on the spectrum. That feeds into the people who think we're all potential school shooters. I personally don't question this horned headed nutcase' diagnosis.

I don't believe it will be viewed as a justification by the courts that will save his skin, but it might be worthwhile to have out in the open when it comes to going after people higher up.

It's also relevant for whether or not he's fit to stand trial and it will be relevant again at sentencing.

Personally I'm not concerned about how idiots with negative impressions of autism might be impacted because they're idiots and they'd just find other excuses.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 3:30 pm

It is not the shaman's diagnosis that is being brought into question; it is the implied intent to use his diagnosis as a "Get Out Of Jail Free" card.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 3:33 pm

Fnord wrote:
It is not the shaman's diagnosis that is being brought into question; it is the implied intent to use his diagnosis as a "Get Out Of Jail Free" card.

It won't succeed as such. Finding him unfit for stand trial won't be much of a 'get out of jail free' card if it just results in being detained indefinitely under a psychiatric hold.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 3:35 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Fnord wrote:
It won't succeed as such. Finding him unfit for stand trial won't be much of a 'get out of jail free' card if it just results in being detained indefinitely under a psychiatric hold.
If I remember correctly, the shaman was already under a virtual "psychiatric hold" in his mother's basement.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 3:38 pm

Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Fnord wrote:
If I remember correctly, the shaman was already under a virtual "psychiatric hold" in his mother's basement.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't count if it's not an official one ordered by the court.

Otherwise I could claim 'hey, I'm a basement dweller, don't send me to prison, I'm already there.' :nerdy:

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 4:56 pm

Fnord wrote:
'Q' Hasn't Posted In Six Months -- But Some QAnon Followers Still Keep The Faith.  Key facts include:

• QAnon followers have anxiously awaited clues from Q -- known as "Q drops" -- since the self-described "government insider" first began posting on 4chan in 2017.

• Between 2017 and 2020, Q posted nearly 5,000 cryptic messages.

• Q's last post came on December 8, about one month before the Capitol coup attempt, which consisted of a link to a pro-Trump YouTube video (since deleted).

• Previously, the longest Q was silent was about three months in 2019 -- when 4chan's successor, 8chan, went offline -- leading researchers to believe that December 8 was the final Q post.

• Some Q adherents have kept the theory alive by continuing to scour old posts for new "clues", and creating new spin-offs of the conspiracy theory.

• Others believe Q will come back online, and continue to propose new dates for the coming of the "storm", the so-called day when former President Donald Trump is supposed to take down an alleged global Satanic child-sex trafficking ring run by Democrats and Hollywood actors.

• The core prophecy of the Q movement is now Trump being restored to office, and Q offered up a picture of Trump as being incapable of losing -- which doesn't square well with the current situation.

Source:
 This Forbes Article 

Maybe, unlike confederates, "Q" knows resistance is futile when you are resisting for a lost cause.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman