Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

31 May 2021, 11:12 am

I always preferred to be barefoot around the house instead of wearing socks. However about 8 years ago I started wearing socks most all the time when at home. Our apartment had carpet & I started having problems with the skin on my heels & bottom of my feet peeling. If I didn't know better I would think that I had developed reptile skin on my feet with their shedding & molting. My feet scrapping against the carpet made em worse & they would occasionally bleed a little. Wearing socks is better for my feet & the floor. One problem with wearing socks all the time is that my eczema flares up around my ankles & it is very difficult for me to resist the urge to scratch when I itch. I know I should take much better care of my feet & moisturize em & stuff but I have bad sensory issues with moisturizers, lotions, & creams. My skin eczema was very bad when I was a kid & i always refused to let my parents put that stuff on me & very unfortunately that was the main treatment all the docs pushed. In order to get my feet in better shape I would have to do that stuff regularly long-term & it's very hard for me to stay motivated to keep up with something when it requires a bit of effort & time & majorly aggravates my touch sensory issues.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2021, 10:06 pm

I don't like those ankle socks, they are uncomfortable and you can't wear them in slippers.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2021, 10:33 pm

I also don't care for socks. I go without wearing them, even with shoes.

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2021, 11:36 pm

I love socks!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2021, 12:12 am

I can walk much more quietly in socks.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う