Page 3 of 5 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2021, 5:59 pm

Where on earth are you pulling all the quotes and assumptions in the first post from?

I don't feel they are an accurate representation of how women think and act.

Women are unique individuals, just like men are. The best person for you isn't likely to fit a checklist, so why assume that the person you would be best for is going to be looking for a checklist? Real relationships happen between people who aren't busy worrying about what boxes are - or are not - being checked off.

I have seen many people couple up who few would think are desirable. Attraction is very intangible; meet the right person, and suddenly anything you once thought was a turn-off can be become a turn-on. Be the best you you know how to be, live life with an open mind, and see where the road takes you. As many of us married people can tell you, we met our person when we stopped looking.

PS - I don't think my son has any of your sixes (although a few I have no way of knowing and will, for obvious reasons, never ask) but he is in his second long term relationship. I know she wants to marry him eventually. Forget lists. Chuck them away.

Last edited by DW_a_mom on 02 Jun 2021, 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2021, 6:11 pm

dorkseid wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
It means that you haven't met someone who shares the same interests and passions, or you haven't got close enough to any woman to "understand her mind".

Except I have. Many times. I know this because they have specifically told me so.

For example, I know a lady who recently joked about how her a I are "mentally synched" multiple times.

But in every time, they all still insisted that they're only interested in me as a friend.

Not everyone in life is fated to end up in a relationship. I know many amazing and attractive women that have had to come to terms with the fact they will, most likely, never find their man. They stayed in the game a lot longer than you have, and are now late fifties and early sixties, with few prospects for dates. But they aren't biter. They learned decades ago to build their lives for themselves, and not for some prospect that may never happen. Full social lives, lots of travel, hobbies they enjoy, nieces and nephews they spoil to death.

I did recently read of a couple that met and married for the first time in their sixties, so who knows what the future holds.

I do accept that it seems to be easier for woman, as a broad generalization, to find contentment in a life without sex, than it is for many men. I do understand there are differences - some perceived, some real - in that context. But sex is not a requirement for health or happiness for either gender, no matter what your hormones insist on forcing into you mind.

Life isn't over just because you don't have a partner. Go live life. A partner may or may not enter into that life in the future. Just, LIVE.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2021, 10:50 pm

dorkseid wrote:
https://www.askmen.com/dating/curtsmith/561_the-six-sixes.html

Six figure salary
Six feet tall
Sixpack
Six inches you know where
600 horsepower car
Six month since last relationship

Here are some quotes:

Quote:
But unlike men's method, which judges women based solely on their appearance, the Six Sixes evaluates men on their bodies, their income and their ability to…perform.

Quote:
In other words, women have come up with a system of our own, created to weed out the average Joes from the Brad Pitts. Shallow? Perhaps, but don’t think she’s not judging you. Unless she’s a gold digger and solely out for the cash, most gorgeous, independent women are going for the gold: the crème de la crème of men. Put plainly, we're looking to score as many sixes as we can. The more sixes a girl can score, the better. A ten-incher or a seven-figure salary can make up for a lack in the other departments, but if you’re majorly missing one of the below, you might want to start working on filling in the gaps.

Quote:
A successful woman is searching for someone who can treat her to the finer things in life: last-minute weekends in Paris, vacations in Bali and expensive dinners. But it’s not just about the material things. No matter how equal women become to men, when it’s all said and done, money equals power and masculinity.

Quote:
We like to feel small and protected in the arms of our guy. A man who’s two inches taller than us is not likely to make us feel sexy or taken care of. More likely we'll feel like we're hanging out with a friend — and that is not going to get us hot and bothered.

Quote:
A Chevy Aveo isn’t going to cut it. A Mercedes, BMW, Lexus or Bentley is a good pick for the fancier girl. For a more laid-back type, an SUV or Audi would be a good choice. But no matter what, station wagons, hatchbacks, minivans, or small budget cars are out if you want to impress Dream Girl.

Quote:
A six-pack is just an added bonus, but it’s a big one. Sure, a guy without one can be attractive, but there’s nothing more pleasurable than touching a guy who’s hard as a rock. It makes sex that much more fun. Plus, a guy in shape is more likely to go all night. A guy who’s flabby? Not so much.

I have had a few of them.I made 6 figures my first year out of college.I easliy make 6 figures i thorugh my oil and gas company..I am also over 6 foot tall.I dont have a supercar but i am not really compatible with people who like muscle cars.I would prefer to date a woman who likes that i drive a toyota.My ideal woman is not the type who wants a ferrari or meredeces.

Last edited by Texasmoneyman300 on 03 Jun 2021, 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2021, 10:54 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
I would prefer to date a woman who likes that i drive a toyota.

If it's a Toyota it should make 1000. 8)

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2021, 11:00 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

lol haha....i would not want to marry someone who is attracted to me because i drive a supercar.i much prefer someone who wants me to drive a toyota corolla.

Last edited by Texasmoneyman300 on 03 Jun 2021, 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2021, 11:19 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

lol haha.......its actually because toyotas are one of the most common vehicles for millionaires but most people dont know that.

There's plenty of cool Toyotas, and any of them that can fit a 2JZ-GTE can be your one kiloHP car, if that's what one is after.

Celicas and (some) Corollas are pretty cool, same with the 86/GT86/FR-S/ZN6.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2021, 11:22 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

lol haha.......its actually because toyotas are one of the most common vehicles for millionaires but most people dont know that.

There's plenty of cool Toyotas, and any of them that can fit a 2JZ-GTE can be your one kiloHP car, if that's what one is after.

I just prefer used basic toyota corollas.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2021, 12:08 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

I just prefer used basic toyota corollas.

I have a Civic but I'd like to replace it with an FR-S.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Eurythmic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 12:30 am

I like driving everyday common cars, I don't like to stand out.
I don't know how many horsepower my car has but it's got enough power for my needs.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 7:56 am

Eurythmic wrote:
I like driving everyday common cars, I don't like to stand out.
I don't know how many horsepower my car has but it's got enough power for my needs.

I know the feeling, but also like the fun to drive factor added to it which is kinda why the Mazda and Hondas seem to be more attractive choices to me. But for practicality purposes, I will stick with the Honda as the family man who needs more trunk space.

OkaySometimes
Raven
Raven

06 Jun 2021, 8:22 am

The tone/vocabulary/word usage really don't seem like a woman wrote any of that, especially the comments. It reads like a man wrote it. And there's nothing on the list about "a man that listens to me, a man that pays attention and knows what I enjoy, a man that can make me..." well, you know. Those things are generally more important to most women I've met, though I have not met every woman in the world. That last bit, especially. Women generally care more about what you can do rather than "inches." All the inches in the world mean nothing if it's over in 90 seconds.

Aside from that, reality itself speaks to the BS nature of that list. Only a very small percentage of men have all of those things, but many of us are in happy relationships. Many of us have girlfriends or wives. I have been in several long-term relationships in my life, have been married for 17 years, and have had mostly female friends throughout my life. All that with only one item on that list, and as said before, that particular item is not the important part of that particular equation with most women I've met and known.

TL;DR? Don't get hung up on that list, it's fiction. If you don't believe me, reread what both females who have posted in this thread said.

dorkseid
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2021, 6:20 am

DW_a_mom wrote:

Women are unique individuals, just like men are. The best person for you isn't likely to fit a checklist, so why assume that the person you would be best for is going to be looking for a checklist? Real relationships happen between people who aren't busy worrying about what boxes are - or are not - being checked off.

I understand that women are not a monolith. But that makes it all the more puzzling when the one thing that's universally consistent among them all is that they all find me unsuitable.

DW_a_mom wrote:
I have seen many people couple up who few would think are desirable. Attraction is very intangible; meet the right person, and suddenly anything you once thought was a turn-off can be become a turn-on. Be the best you you know how to be, live life with an open mind, and see where the road takes you.

Yes, many unattractive people couple up with other unattractive people. Why are you assuming that is because they find each other attractive, and not simply a matter of two unattractive people settling for each other out of desperation?

A few years ago a coworker set me up on a blind date. We had a lot in common intellectually and enjoyed each other's company. But neither of us was physically/sexually attracted to the other, so nothing more ever came of it.

DW_a_mom wrote:
As many of us married people can tell you, we met our person when we stopped looking.

I am so fed up with this garbage. There were many times in my life when I wasn't looking, I still never found anyone. And do you know what everyone would tell me? "You're not finding anyone because you're not looking."

What often happened is that I wasn't looking when I met someone I really liked. And every time that happened, I got rejected.

When I'm at the grocery store, if I'm not there looing for corn flakes, it doesn't matter if I find an entire shelf full of corn flakes on sale. You know why? Because I'm not freaking looking for freaking corn flakes! This whole "you'll find something once you don't want it anymore" nonsense is freaking pointless! What freaking good does finding something I don't want to find do for me?! !!

DW_a_mom wrote:
PS - I don't think my son has any of your sixes (although a few I have no way of knowing and will, for obvious reasons, never ask) but he is in his second long term relationship. I know she wants to marry him eventually. Forget lists. Chuck them away.

I don't know anything about your son. He could have a decent career with financial stability. He could own a home. He could be exceptionally handsome. Given what you just said about his relationship status, at the very least, he more than likely does not have autism or any other kind of significant disability.

DW_a_mom wrote:

Not everyone in life is fated to end up in a relationship.

Exactly!

DW_a_mom wrote:
Full social lives,

I've tried many times to build a social life. My autism makes that impossible.

DW_a_mom wrote:
lots of travel,

That requires a lot of money that I just don't have. I have wanted to travel my entire adult life, but could never afford to.

DW_a_mom wrote:
hobbies they enjoy,

I used to, until my depression ruined it.

It's also difficult to find hobbies that interest me that don't require tons of money.

DW_a_mom wrote:
nieces and nephews they spoil to death.

My nieces and nephews, along with everyone else in my family, live in a faraway country where I can never see them.

DW_a_mom wrote:
I did recently read of a couple that met and married for the first time in their sixties, so who knows what the future holds.

Just because someone never was married prior to their sixties doesn't mean that they didn't have satisfying romantic and sexual relationships throughout their life.

The prospect of never finding a partner until I and her are in our sixties does not make me feel any better. The idea that I will never have sex with a woman younger than 60, 50, or even 40 is as unsatisfactory and terrifying to me as the idea of never having a partner at all. Not to mention that would still leave me completely robbed of the option of ever having children.

DW_a_mom wrote:
But sex is not a requirement for health or happiness for either gender, no matter what your hormones insist on forcing into you mind.

Bullsh!t! Both medical science and my personal experience say that the exact opposite is true.

It sure is easy to say that sh!t when you yourself haven’t gone without it your entire life.

DW_a_mom wrote:
Life isn't over just because you don't have a partner. Go live life. A partner may or may not enter into that life in the future. Just, LIVE.

You’ve disclosed that you have a husband and a child. Again, this is easy for you to say when you have never experienced it yourself.

Why does everyone assume that simply continuing to biologically function in and of itself is inherently desirable? I’m trapped in a system to forces me to break my back day in and day out doing a job I have no personal passion for and from which I reap no personal benefits other than a tiny paycheck so that I can pay bills in order to not be forced out into the streets and starve. That is until my employer decides they no longer want to deal with my dysfunctional a$$ anymore and then I just lose everything anyway and spend the next year or two with nowhere to sleep at night while struggling to finally find someone willing to give me another lousy job nobody wants so I can start that same old Sisyphean cycle all over again. The point of all that is that life is painful and exhausting. And when you have nobody to love you and nothing to make all that pain and anguish worth going through, life just isn’t worth living.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2021, 6:37 am

You don’t have a passion for taking care of profoundly disabled kids?

From what I gather, you like your job. At least that’s something.

I’ve made love with older women. I found being with them more satisfying, in general, than being with younger women.

dorkseid
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2021, 6:45 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
Women are unique individuals, just like men are.

OkaySometimes wrote:
The tone/vocabulary/word usage really don't seem like a woman wrote any of that, especially the comments. It reads like a man wrote it.

:( :?: :?: :?:

OkaySometimes wrote:
Women generally care more about what you can do rather than "inches." All the inches in the world mean nothing if it's over in 90 seconds.

And just what do you think an overweight 40-year-old with low testostrone who's only had sex once in his life over a decade ago "can do"?! !

DW_a_mom wrote:
Only a very small percentage of men have all of those things, but many of us are in happy relationships.

"You shouldn't assume that everyone in a relationship is happy. Unless that's convenient to my argument."

dorkseid
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2021, 6:49 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
You don’t have a passion for taking care of profoundly disabled kids?

From what I gather, you like your job. At least that’s something.

I’ve made love with older women. I found being with them more satisfying, in general, than being with younger women.

I like my current job. But that's an anomaly. The general experience I've had for most of my life has been a cycle of going between low-paying high-turnover jobs nobody wants and being homeless. And once my current employer decides they're done dealing with my dysfunction, it'll be back to the same old same old.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2021, 7:52 am

Trust me....if you establish a rapport with those kids, and keep them occupied and out of trouble (and out of the management's hair), they won't get rid of you, no matter how "eccentric" you seem to be.

I seem "eccentric"----yet I've been on my job 40 1/2 straight years. There were times when they wanted to get rid of me----but they realized that they need me.