This would be seen as much more unusual when they are younge

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2021, 7:47 am

I know a 73 year old man who used to go out with a 58 year old woman.

If a 33 year old guy dated an 18 year old girl on the other hand do you agree that would be viewed as being much more unusual?

Last edited by Jamesy on 31 May 2021, 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2021, 7:50 am

It’s actually not all that unusual....but not as common today as it was in the past.

These days, it seems as if people aren’t considered fully “adult” until around age 25.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2021, 7:56 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
It’s actually not all that unusual....but not as common today as it was in the past.

These days, it seems as if people aren’t considered fully “adult” until around age 25.

Yeah that's probably why 18 year old young ladies dont often go out with guys 10 years older. They have not fully matured.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2021, 8:13 am

It depends on the lady. There are some women of 18 who are fully mature.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2021, 8:18 am

Jamesy wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Yeah that's probably why 18 year old young ladies dont often go out with guys 10 years older. They have not fully matured.

Yeah like Carole King who moved in with her then boyfriend when she was 16 or 17 and stayed in the relationship (which was both personal and professional) for almost 10 years, getting divorced at a time when just about everybody in her milieu was probably getting divorced and moving to California. Entering into an adult relationship at that age didn't seem to hurt her career in the least. Nowadays it would be seen as a huge scandal.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

31 May 2021, 12:29 pm

Jamesy wrote:
One of my former neighbors got in a relationship with a guy that was in his upper 30s shortly after she started college. The guy was a loser & kinda a jerk & she ended up having kids with him before he split. My neighbor was a few years younger than me & there were times I hoped I might woulda had a chance with her. I didn't spend a lot of time with her but we had nice conversations about TV & stuff when we talked. I quit hoping & trying after she got in that relationship. I felt kinda sorry for her. She didn't have a great homelife. Her parents were divorced & she lived with her younger sister & brother & their bipolar mom. Her younger sis was getting with guys in their 20s when she was about 14 & the guys were giving her drugs & stuff. I coulda got with her too(she made a move) but I was hoping for a chance with her older sis who was a pretty good girl compared to the younger one.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition