“Will I finally have a relationship this year?”

Page 3 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 9:09 am

I don’t drink and I accept the science on COVID. I know people who got sick from it. Even my mother and stepfather who hate Biden and love Trump were concerned about the virus and got vaccinated. They wanted me to get the shots as well.

I just want to be somewhere I am accepted for who I am instead of expected to be a “good Christian man”. In my area, even the people who dislike Trump and like Biden still raise the flag for Christianity. A custodian at work even told me Trump wasn’t a Christian and that’s why he didn’t like him.

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 9:31 am

What a thread. :lol:

You guys can’t shut up about politics for five minutes, huh?

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 9:37 am

I guess not :)

And how are you today?

Marknis wants to live in a place which is not a conservative cesspool. Thus, this thread is of a political nature.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 9:43 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Marknis wants to live in a place which is not a conservative cesspool. Thus, this thread is of a political nature.
Not all conservatism is the same. There's Deep South conservatism, which even I hate, believe it or not; Jesus/Bible/church is very central to it. (Although I could probably fit in even there if I could fake-join a church, since I've read the New Testament and can recite it pretty well.) There's Intermountain West conservatism that's really libertarianism, although many people there self-identify as conservative, since it's a better-known political belief; in it, religion is acknowledged and respected, but not required. There's QAnon conservatism, more centered on being "not liberal" than conservative, where Christianity is barely a blip on the radar.

Liberalism, on the other hand, falls into two main camps: fiscal and social, with the latter being the more deadly kind.

Oh, and I got my vaccine too. Moderna. Although, the main reason I got it was to be able to wave my vax card in the "woke" liberals' faces---which are overpopulating my area at a rapid rate---rather than out of fear of the Biden Flu. Funny how me and Marknis are more alike than different, despite being at odds with opposing political climates.

My rights don't end where your feeeelings begin!
Then they came for me. But by then, there was no one left to object.
If you're conservative when you're young, you have no heart! If you're liberal when you're mature, you have no brain!

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 9:56 am

honeytoast wrote:

I didn’t intend for politics to be in this thread. I was only focusing on the social aspects I have to deal with.

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 12:17 pm

Marknis wrote:
honeytoast wrote:

I didn’t intend for politics to be in this thread. I was only focusing on the social aspects I have to deal with.

Not blaming you bud. It’s not your fault you somehow attracted this kind of talk. Move wherever you want to. There’s more cities in Texas than Austin.

~~~~

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 12:17 pm

Aspie1 wrote:

Oh, and I got my vaccine too.

Sounds like liberal indoctrination to me. :mrgreen:

~~~~

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 12:28 pm

honeytoast wrote:
Marknis wrote:
honeytoast wrote:

Not blaming you bud. It’s not your fault you somehow attracted this kind of talk. Move wherever you want to. There’s more cities in Texas than Austin.

I don’t want to move anywhere else but there even if the odds are against me.

I feel so disappointed volunteering didn’t go good for me. It was to help celebrate a late Asian-American/Pacific Islander Month event. I’ve always been told Asian women are more likely to accept men who are shy and quiet instead of the bad boys but they overlook me as well.

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 12:59 pm

Marknis wrote:
honeytoast wrote:
Marknis wrote:
honeytoast wrote:

I feel so disappointed volunteering didn’t go good for me. It was to help celebrate a late Asian-American/Pacific Islander Month event. I’ve always been told Asian women are more likely to accept men who are shy and quiet instead of the bad boys but they overlook me as well.

While volunteering is a good thing to do, I don’t think you should volunteer with an expectation to pick up a girlfriend. Considering what the Asian community was facing in the past few months, I don’t think one of them going to an event like that are likely going to seek out a partner. They’re there for whatever the purpose of the event was.

What you’ve been told about Asian women is a stereotype. There are certain traits that are true of every race, but believing all Asian woman are like that is misrepresentative. Kind of like how all autistic people are like Sheldon from Big Bang Theory.

~~~~

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 1:06 pm

honeytoast wrote:
Marknis wrote:
honeytoast wrote:
Marknis wrote:
honeytoast wrote:

While volunteering is a good thing to do, I don’t think you should volunteer with an expectation to pick up a girlfriend. Considering what the Asian community was facing in the past few months, I don’t think one of them going to an event like that are likely going to seek out a partner. They’re there for whatever the purpose of the event was.

What you’ve been told about Asian women is a stereotype. There are certain traits that are true of every race, but believing all Asian woman are like that is misrepresentative. Kind of like how all autistic people are like Sheldon from Big Bang Theory.

I know that not all Asian women are the same. I’ve encountered some who were aggressive and argumentative, especially at the library I work at.

I just really hate how lonely I am and I feel like I have to grab for straws or else I am going to remain lonely.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 8:48 pm

My mother actually lived in Austin when she was going to UT. I wish she remained there instead of moving to Temple.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 2:49 pm

I am surprised I haven’t been ripped apart for this topic yet.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 6:11 pm

Everything I feared back when I was 17 has come true. I tried to avoid this fate but others don’t want me to be happy and kept denying me.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 6:14 pm

Marknis wrote:
They wanted me to get the shots as well.

Have you? I got my first one on Monday.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 6:41 pm

I feel like even if I got into a relationship, others would try to sabotage it, especially since I am not interested in certain causes and being an useful idiot. I honestly just want to be happy, have someone to love me, and share special times with my partner.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 6:44 pm

Marknis wrote:
I am surprised I haven’t been ripped apart for this topic yet.

How so, Brother Marknis?