Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2021, 9:41 am

Iran vaccinates autistic people against Corona

Quote:
The vaccination for COVID-19 is underway in Iran and up to now over three million people have received the first dose of the vaccine and over half a million have taken both doses.

The vulnerable groups including those suffering from special diseases are given priority. People who are suffering from a developmental disorder have difficulties with social interaction and communication. They are autistic. The disease is characterized by challenges with social skills, repetitive behaviors, speech and nonverbal communication.

Coordinated by the country’s autism society, they are introduced to this hospital in Tehran to be vaccinated against the coronavirus.

People suffering from autism should be educated at special centers and need special care services. The autism society members told Press TV that their number one problem is the sanctions which have made the import of medicines for the patients extremely tough.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman