Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2021, 1:50 pm

Police investigating vandalism at home of Republican congresswoman

Quote:
The Charleston South Carolina Police Department has opened an investigation into a vandalism incident that occurred at the home of Republican Rep. Nancy Mace, a spokesman for the department told CNN.
Mace announced Tuesday that her home in Charleston was vandalized with profanity and graffiti, as the question of how members secure themselves in their home districts continues to be a challenge, especially in the wake of the January 6 violent insurrection at the US Capitol.
In a video posted Tuesday, Mace detailed the vandalism on and around her house, showing where phrases such as "pass the pro act" -- a reference to a bill encouraging unionization -- as well as "all politicians are bastards," "F*ck you Nancy," and 3 Antifa symbols were spray-painted.

"I woke up this morning to my house being vandalized last night," Mace said in the video. "What makes me so angry is this is a house that I live in with my kids, my two kids."

Charleston Department of Police Public Information Officer Charles E. Francis confirmed to CNN that the department is investigating the incident, but no arrests have been made.

Mace also used the instance of vandalism at her home to address the fraught nature of the current political environment.

"There is a significant difference between nonviolent protests, and criminal acts of intimidation and vandalism. We should all be able to feel safe in our own homes, regardless of our political beliefs," Mace said. "I urge everyone to take a moment to think about their words and their actions at this time. And it's not just social media, but our words impact real people and impact real lives. We should think about taking it down a notch."

US Capitol Police announced on May 7 that there has been a 107% increase in threats against members of Congress this year compared to 2020, with that number expected to increase.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

TwisterUprocker
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Jun 2021, 6:15 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Quote:
In a video posted Tuesday, Mace detailed the vandalism on and around her house, showing where phrases such as "pass the pro act" -- a reference to a bill encouraging unionization -- as well as "all politicians are bastards," "F*ck you Nancy," and 3 Antifa symbols were spray-painted.

Wrong Nancy

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2021, 6:43 pm

wow, just wow.. Anifa is back to its old demented self after *gasp* stopping a real fascist concert.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2021, 7:02 pm

TwisterUprocker wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Quote:

Wrong Nancy

Not everyone is fixated on Pelosi.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2021, 8:59 pm