"Anti Racism" controversy getting ugly in Virginia

Page 6 of 6 [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 5:32 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Ironically under CRT this east Asian woman would have more right speak about race in America than you or I Brictoria :lol:

Perhaps she might be shooting herself in the foot criticising CRT when it gives her a platform to speak about race as a POC.

But clinging to the majority might let her participate adjacent to it, while being treated as perpetual foreigner and blamed for a disease that she had nothing to do with. :chin:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2021, 3:29 am

funeralxempire wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Ironically under CRT this east Asian woman would have more right speak about race in America than you or I Brictoria :lol:

Perhaps she might be shooting herself in the foot criticising CRT when it gives her a platform to speak about race as a POC.

But clinging to the majority might let her participate adjacent to it, while being treated as perpetual foreigner and blamed for a disease that she had nothing to do with. :chin:

Possibly *Shrug*

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2021, 3:36 am

Brictoria wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
I realise that this will likely be a huge shock to you, but the majority of people don't care about another person's race, and base their treatment of others on the person's character (and expect to be treated in the same way)...

Well that would certainly be news to indigenous people. Feel free to share that good news with them.

It may be a shock to you but its much easier to treat people based on their character when you move in spaces that only include people that look like you. In keeping this discussion relevant to the thread, the parents who object to CRT and the 1619 project in the article live in predominantly white spaces and they find the inclusion of this content in their children's curriculum an intrusion in the carefully manicured psychological (and artificial) space they are creating for their children.

I'm guessing it must be one of those luxury "upper-class"\city prejudices, then...

We had students at my country schools who were of Greek, Chinese (from Hong Kong), South African (and more) descent (all of those being either born overseas, or first generation immigrants), as well as some of aboriginal heritage who were treated the same as anyone else by both the school community, as well as their families by the wider community - Of course, we were all from poorer backgrounds (and, except for those who lived in town, from semi-isolated locations), so maybe that's where the difference in outlook and judgement of those who are different comes from - The only thing we cared about in another person was their abilities, not having the luxury to pick and choose who we looked to for help based upon superficialities such as race... It seems to be mainly the "upper class" who get onto the "racism" bandwagon, presumably because it allows them a "socially acceptable" way of showing "pity" to those they deem as inferior to themselves...

In fact, it seems this focus on a person's race does come predominantly from the cities, with (in the case of Aboriginies, for example) those who live a comfortable\typical life in the cities being given much more "publicity" to air their views than those from the country, and those views rarely reflect those of the people struggling in the outback communities where help is needed - What is worse is seeing the hypocracy involved in people claiming to be concerned about the Aboriginal people, yet when there is a thread discussing what they have to endure in the country, those people instead decide that attacking the source presenting the views is more "productive" to their cause than focussing on the problems those people endure... Much like the type of hypocrit who seeks to proclaim their "anti-racism" virtue to the world, while simultaneously seeing nothing wrong with using racial language\stereotypes to denigrate others - Telling those they wish to impress what they think those people want to hear, whilst showing others how they really feel about the subject through their actions.

Wow! you seem to be making a lot of assumptions about me Brictoria. I think its possible to hold conflicting ideas in one's head and weight them up objectively (which is what I do) after reading reliable sources before coming to a valid conclusion.

I don't weaponise, I just refer to news articles.

BTW its off topic but Andrew Bolt was charged under breaching the discrimination act which mean't he contravened section 18C, of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), Not sure how he represents the best interests of aboriginal Australians?