"Maybe goldfish shouldn't be at the meetings."

Page 1 of 7 [ 105 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2021, 3:37 pm

LOL

Ok, so it was my real name used.

Aw, poor baby Engineer.. Too F'n bad. You don't like that I get mad about wasting my friend's time & money? Tough ****. I'll be at every meeting telling you what to do Because you don't Know what to do and that's why it keeps getting done wrong, costing time & money.

Powerful Alpha week! Last Friday morning I walked into a lawyers office and told them what to do, too. Which was mainly the job they committed to doing in 2-3 weeks that they refused to reply to emails or phone calls about for 8 weeks.

Now these chuckleF's are "offended," that I'm pissed that they're wasting more time & money? Suck it. They've wasted 1.5 years and the better part of $ix figure$. Now I'm going to tell them what to do and when to do it & they're going to do it or be fired/evicted. Bunchajerks.

Just thought I'd share a bit of the fun I'm having on behalf of my friend, who is deaf and incredibly kind & patient - which these "professionals," are finished taking advantage of. 8)

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

02 Jun 2021, 2:53 am

I've been noticing a very disappointing trend that is rapidly getting worse. LOTS of so-called professionals are not professional at all. Lots of people have jobs that they are too incompetent, too lazy, or just too uncaring to do correctly. So many people have jobs that they should NOT be doing at all. So many people go to college & get degrees & then get careers for jobs they completely fail at yet somehow manage to keep. When I call them out on their bull, they get all offended & act like I am the problem. I only have a high-school diploma & only worked about 3 years of my life & they were at federal minimum-wage jobs. I struggle majorly to find work but I am certain I can do the jobs better than LOTS of so-called professions I've had the misfortune & displeasure of being forced to deal with. I completely fail to comprehend how the hell so many uncaring ret*ds get & keep decent jobs when they fail so miserably at them :scratch: :huh: :wall: This is one reason I have the quote in my sig about having an idiot problem.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2021, 8:21 am

When other professionals ignore my warnings, when they exclude me from planning committees, when they implement technology without first testing it under real-world conditions, they cannot lay any blame on me when whatever they are working on literally blows up in their faces.

Yes, I do mean 'literally'...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Last edited by Fnord on 02 Jun 2021, 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2021, 8:25 am

What meetings are you referring to?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2021, 8:29 am

QFT wrote:
Well, let us see ... meetings between professionals usually happen where professionals have meetings ... meetings usually happen at businesses ... professionals usually work at businesses ... so ...

:roll: I think you can figure out the rest.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2021, 8:43 am

Fnord wrote:
QFT wrote:
Well, let us see ... meetings between professionals usually happen where professionals have meetings ... meetings usually happen at businesses ... professionals usually work at businesses ... so ...

I thought he talked about wrongplanet meetings. In any case, he didn't specify the business either.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2021, 8:48 am

QFT wrote:
Fnord wrote:
QFT wrote:

I thought he talked about wrongplanet meetings. In any case, he didn't specify the business either.
He specifically mentioned a lawyer's office.

Do try to keep up, would you please?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

02 Jun 2021, 9:23 am

Fnord wrote:
When other professionals ignore my warnings, when they exclude me from planning committees, when they implement technology without first testing it under real-world conditions, they cannot lay any blame on me when whatever they are working on literally blows up in their faces.

Yes, I do mean 'literally'...
That's one way to look at it Fnord. At one of my jobs management would make decisions related to my department that my supervisor or whoever was in charge of the department that night(sometimes me shortly before I quit) really should of been consulted on 1st but management usually never did. We were just expected to somehow deal with things & somehow get our usual workload plus whatever extra sh!t management decided needed to be done. They would give us an extra project that had to be done that night & then management would pull some people out of our department to work in others for the night even though our department had gradually gotten more & more shorthanded since I had started there. & to top it off management got mad at us for half-fasting our usual work we did every night because it was the only way we could get the extra stuff done after they pulled people out of our department. Management eventually hired a contract crew to help us out but the contract crew did not answer to us. We did not know what they were gonna do each night till they started doing it & we were basically told to stay out of their way. They kept doing things wrong though that management would have us correct or redo the following night.
General Business was the only class I had in high-school where I ever got all As other than PE. Our teacher taught it for two periods & I was actually the best student out of everyone who took it that year though both classes were pretty small. I can NOT understand how it is a good business strategy to hire & keep workers who screw around & don't try to do their jobs rite & then treat the good workers who try & give their all as if they were complete sh!t & demand that the good workers make up for the lazy screwups. Yet it seems like LOTS of very successful big businesses follow that strategy & I just can NOT grasp why. I really want to know how that is a great business strategy because I am completely confused & starting to get a headache wondering why.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2021, 9:51 am

I spend 1 or 2 hours every week going through some form of "On-Line Training" that seems designed more to justify someone else's employment than to enlighten me about company policies and procedures.  Basically, it amounts to 1 or 2 hours that I could otherwise spend troubleshooting problems or designing new systems.

:roll: Oy, Gevalt!

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2021, 10:06 am

nick007 wrote:
I've been noticing a very disappointing trend that is rapidly getting worse. LOTS of so-called professionals are not professional at all. Lots of people have jobs that they are too incompetent, too lazy, or just too uncaring to do correctly. So many people have jobs that they should NOT be doing at all. So many people go to college & get degrees & then get careers for jobs they completely fail at yet somehow manage to keep. When I call them out on their bull, they get all offended & act like I am the problem. I only have a high-school diploma & only worked about 3 years of my life & they were at federal minimum-wage jobs. I struggle majorly to find work but I am certain I can do the jobs better than LOTS of so-called professions I've had the misfortune & displeasure of being forced to deal with. I completely fail to comprehend how the hell so many uncaring ret*ds get & keep decent jobs when they fail so miserably at them :scratch: :huh: :wall: This is one reason I have the quote in my sig about having an idiot problem.

This, times ten.

I'm consistently astounded at the fact that NO ONE does their job properly anymore. It's a given that anyone I contact for customer service will forget to do what they said, make a clerical error, overcharge me, drop the ball, or tell me that they're "working from home" and can't do their job properly. Um? Why does it make any difference where you're located? And if you can't do your job properly, I'm sure there are others who'd like the opportunity. Last week it took me five hours in total to sort out an issue with a bookshop. I bought a promo and it wasn't applied properly to my online account. They didn't dispute that I had the promo, but it took FIVE HOURS of my time, and communications with three different customer service reps to fix the problem.

This isn't uncommon. In the winter it took me about 20 hours to return something which was returnable, via post, and get the credit that they said I'd be getting. Too much to ask, I guess? That one involved about ten different customer service reps, people hanging up by mistake, incorrect confirmation numbers, transposition mistakes, and everyone in the company telling me that no one else did their job properly. Then there's food service and takeaway. I'd say 98% of the time the order is wrong. They say they were busy and it's a hard job. I get that and I wouldn't want the job either. But where is accountability? They tell me to drive back to the restaurant or make xyz phone call, or email xyz person. Why is that my job? I don't work for them.

I spend so much time doing customer service people's jobs for them, I should be considered a "Service-service Rep" and earn my own salary.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2021, 10:10 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
... if you can't do your job properly, I'm sure there are others who'd like the opportunity...
THIS, for the win!

However, suggesting this idea to the people who are not doing their jobs properly is seen as "coercive", "threatening", and "harassment", even by people in HR and Legal!

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2021, 10:22 am

Fnord wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
... if you can't do your job properly, I'm sure there are others who'd like the opportunity...
THIS, for the win!

However, suggesting this idea to the people who are not doing their jobs properly is seen as "coercive", "threatening", and "harassment", even by people in HR and Legal!

I understand that mistakes happen. I don't expect people to be perfect, and I certainly wasn't "perfect" in my career. The difference is, when I made small mistakes I took them very seriously and I ensured the situation was resolved quickly. I kept my word and fulfilled my obligations to a high standard. I didn't pass the buck or try to blame other people. I didn't walk away and compound the issue by forgetting, or expecting others to do my job. I can't even imagine giving excuses like, "I'm working from home", or "Maybe you should send xyz email, but it's not my fault because this is really hard".

The other issue is that society has decided women are "Karens" if they speak up about poor service. That type of institutionalised sexism gets us nowhere. What a setback for women's rights - being told that we have to tolerate mistreatment or we become the brunt of jokes?!

I'm not rude or unreasonable when I speak up, but regardless of my genitals I think people should do their jobs properly.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2021, 10:37 am

One of the unwritten rules of corporate culture seems to be, "Blame the person no one likes for the mistakes you make".  The trouble is that the unpopular people got that way because their hard work and dedication make everyone else look bad, and because being a diligent and dedicated worker means cutting out all the bulls*** socializing, as well.  We (those of us who do the work) are also expected to "shut up and take it" whenever lies and abuse are heaped upon us.

We, as scapegoats, are why the incompetent continue to be employed.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2021, 10:57 am

Fnord wrote:
One of the unwritten rules of corporate culture seems to be, "Blame the person no one likes for the mistakes you make".  The trouble is that the unpopular people got that way because their hard work and dedication make everyone else look bad, and because being a diligent and dedicated worker means cutting out all the bulls*** socializing, as well.  We (those of us who do the work) are also expected to "shut up and take it" whenever lies and abuse are heaped upon us.

Wow. That's harsh but very true.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2021, 10:58 am

Enjoying this thread.

In the past I've thought hiring a bunch of autistic people might be a bit like wrangling kittens, but the more I read comments like the ones in this thread the more I want to specifically hire autistic people for their honesty & integrity, social missteps be damned.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2021, 10:59 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Wow. That's harsh but very true.
The truth, more often than not, is very, very harsh.